Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacing Driver's Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ReesHughes is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing Driver's Side Mirror

I got such good help on my last question that I thought that I would ask another. My 17-year old daughter backed out of our garage recently and miscalculated the distance between the side of the car and the side of the garage. Fortunately the only casualty was the glass in the mirror on the driver's side of our 2008 Civic Hybrid. I bought a replacement mirror but what looked relatively easy has not been . . . how is the mirror (just the glass portion) attached to the mirror housing? How is it removed?
Old 12-11-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Replacing Driver's Side Mirror

I thought the had like a plastic ball and socket where the old could be popped out and the new glass popped back in ??

You should be able to tell how it works between the new mirror, and what you have left from the broken.