Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Civic 5 dr brakes not always working

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yukicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Civic 5 dr brakes not always working

Hi! I was wondering if somebody here could please help me. I just recently bought a 2007 Civic 4dr Auto. I have not even had it for a month, the sales person told me that a lot of work had been done to the car and it drove like "brand new".
Now sometimes when I have recently started the car the brakes donot work. I push the pedal flat to the floor, and there is no respone from the brakes.
The other I had already driven about 10meters, and the brakes had worked as I had reversed out a parking, so I know they were working, then I was on a slope and had to put on the brakes to wait for a gap in the traffic and there was nothing, i narrowly missed hitting another car, as the brakes responded at the last second.
The same thing happened to my husband when he was driving my car.
I have asked a Honda workshop to have a look at it, and I was told they would double check everything, but they said that it is a thing that automatic civics 2, and I need to let the car warm up before driving anywhere.
Is that the truth, is bad brakes just part of owning a civic?
Can anybody help or advise me?
Thank you very much!
Old 10-29-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2007 Civic 5 dr brakes not always working

If your pushing the pedal flat to the floor then it sounds like a bad master cylinder. I wouldn't go back to that dealer either. I would go to another one.
Old 10-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yukicivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
If your pushing the pedal flat to the floor then it sounds like a bad master cylinder. I wouldn't go back to that dealer either. I would go to another one.
Thank you, I didn't think it sounded like just a standard civic problem. I will have somebody else check it out, as I am worried!
Old 10-29-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Demonstrate your problem to the mechanic, just so everyone is on the same page.