Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

my back up lights dont turn on when i put it in reverse !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beanutoo is an unknown quantity at this point
my back up lights dont turn on when i put it in reverse !!!!!

so i have a 07 civic coup si i bought from a used dealership. the reverse lights dont come on when in revers... i checked the fuse and it looked good but i replaced it anyway. still dont work. also the lights were the bottons for the radio and air controllers dont come on. but everything else does. i took it back to the dealer where i bought it since it had limited warrenty and they fixed the problem with the revers light but not the lights in the controllers for the raido and air. well now a years gone by and the reverse lights quit working again and i checked the fuse and again it looked good but i changed it anyway and still the lights wont work. any idea what the problem could be??? please anyoen with answers or similer problem would help
Old 02-02-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: my back up lights dont turn on when i put it in reverse !!!!!

If the bulbs are ok then it could be the relay that controls the lights or the switch that controls the relay after you put it in reverse. Does it have any aftermarket electrical stuff on it?
Old 02-02-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: my back up lights dont turn on when i put it in reverse !!!!!

I replied to your post on the 8th gen site,

I printed the page I found, PM with an e-mail address and I will scan it in at work tomorrow.

It will explain better what we have told you.