Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

DTC code 33-10 side curtain air bag???

Old 11-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
epoxypatch is an unknown quantity at this point
DTC code 33-10 side curtain air bag???

Hi all,
2007 civic dx 50k miles . The SRS light comes on intermittently, esp. when going over bumps. Once it cleared itself, the other time I had to get it cleared by a dealer because it was on for 3 days. Does anyone have this issue? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-03-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DTC code 33-10 side curtain air bag???

Let me get this straight.....you took it to a dealer and they only turned the light off, without fixing the problem? No wonder the light is back on.

Intermittent electrical problems suck to find, because it has to be faulty at the time of checking it in order to find it.
33-10 is an open circuit in the drivers (Left) side curtain airbag inflator.

The connector is behind the C pillar interior trim (rearmost roof pillar, next to rear window) on a 4 door car. The connector should be behind the side bolster of the rear seat on a 2 door car.
2 wire connector, and SRS wiring has yellow everywhere.

My guess is that if you unplug and reconnect the wire harness connector several (5 or 6) times, the code won't come back for several months. In this instance, I apply a product called "Stabilant 22A" to the pins. It is a contact enhancer. The wiring also is connected to the inflator unit itself--(most use a tiny plastic connector instead of embedding the wires directly inside it), and that is another place I see intermittent problems. Stabilant on those pins too.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then you could have a wiring issue anywhere between the inflator and the SRS control unit. Many possibilities there.

Last edited by ezone; 12-03-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I like editing!