Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

FS: 1989 Crx Dx w/ Zc Swap Project in Nc

Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sheatwole03 is an unknown quantity at this point
FS: 1989 Crx Dx w/ Zc Swap Project in Nc

I have a 1989 Honda Crx Dx with a DOHC Zc swap for sale. I have a baby on the way so it's time to upgrade to something a little more baby friendly. The project is not complete, but it's close. Heres what I have finished so far:

- JDM DOHC Zc & Si manual transmission installed
- Fidanza Lightweight flywheel & power ram stage I clutch installed
- Zc custom wiring harness & integra ECU installed
- Energy Suspension motor mount inserts & shifter bushings installed
- Original blue interior swapped to black

I have some extra parts that will be included:

- Used Dc Sports headers in good condition
- New OBX high flow cat
- Rage 16" 5 star rims in good condition (tires mounted, but could use replacing)

Whats needed to finish the project:

- New battery
- New Radiator (the old ones pretty banged up)
- Intake (tubing & filter)
- Exhaust needs to be connected (see below)
- Seats need to be installed (see below)
- some oil, antifreeze and tuning

The problem with the exhaust is that the manifold needs to be modded very slightly to mount on the head. There is just a small piece that is preventing the flange from sitting flush on the head. Also, the piping past the cat is no good, and the muffler was shot when i got it. That will need replacing.

I also purchased a set of nice seats from an 88 crx. The problem with those was that the rails between the 88 and 89 are quite different... So, i got a set of 89 rails and what do you know? 89 rails dont fit on 88 seats... So i've been fabricating a way to get the 89 rails to work on the 88 seats... so far it's been pretty frustrating... and I'm pretty sick of working on it to be honest.

As far as the body goes, it appears to be straight. The doors are a little abused. The drivers door has a large dent in it, while the passengers appears to have been repaired at some point. When I got the car, I had to replace the hood as it was pretty beat up, and I had to replace the fenders as they were non-existent. So the fenders and hood are silver, and the rest of the car is white.

And lastly, the wheels. They are mounted and good for transport, but the tires should be replaced before driving.

This car will have to be towed due to it's non-running condition. I hate to get rid of it mid-project, but such is life when a baby makes an appearance. This car definitely needs some tlc, but most of the hard labor is done. This car is located in Fayetteville, Nc... asking $1200. The VIN # is JHMED8354KS020533. I will try to post pics asap. Please contact me if interested. Thank you.

Scott
Sheatwole03@charter.net
(910)797-6548