Archive - Parts for Sale Here you can list your parts for sale

01-03 civic HID valeo retrofit headlights (full set)

Old 03-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
01-03 civic HID valeo retrofit headlights (full set)

Im selling my retrofit. Looking for $520 shipped, since everything is only 6 months old and i spent about two weeks on this making everything perfect.

Includes:
Sonar black halo headlamps (uses your stock turn signal socket)

Valeo D2S projectors d.o.t.

Valeo D2S ballasts (these are working now, for some reason my car has a problem and one ballast would not work). i tried them on my cheap tester battery and they fired right up 3x in a row.

Osram D2S Xenarc bulbs (same age, under 50 hrs)

rewired white LED halo (wont burn out)

rubber weather seals glued to the top of housings to cover the silicone seal, the ones that are on the top of hood normally. i would appreciate if you can send me your stock ones in exchange so i have some.

rubber dust covers for lo and hi beam

heavy duty universal relay harness with relay and fuse. i will tell you which wires to connect to hook them up.

H1 halogen bulbs for hi beam

Another relay harness to wire the hi beams

NOT included

hi beam connectors. you need to get those lil spade terminals and connect those to the H1 bulb and then to the stock harness. If you wish, i can include another upgrade harness with relay for them.

turn sockets and bulbs, your stock hardware will work.

The headlights are in great condition except for a small 1 inch scratch on the pass side lens over the hi beam spot. the valeo projectors have been jb welded to the housing. due to the limited space, this was the only option without cutting the housing up. they are aimed fine, and ive only been flashed a couple times in 6 months that i used them. you can also move the housing a couple inches up or down before tightening the mounting bolts to adjust the beams to be level. the outer seams have been sealed with black silicone, and the rubber seals on the hood have been moved onto the headlight top to cover the silicone for a clean look. please send me your stock seals since i dont have any now. they are also vented properly from the back and have not fogged for over 3 months even in the cold and heat and car wash. they are a great retro, and i hope they get a nice home. all you really need are d2s ballasts. The projectors are very colorful with a bright purple band at the cutoff. Here are some pics of everything. d2s bulbs are already installed in the projector, as are the H1 bulbs.

Last edited by gearbox; 03-21-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
bump for quality retro!
Old 03-16-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Why are you selling them if you don't mind me asking? Nicely done btw to bad I'm broke :\

Free bump
Old 03-16-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just dont wanna pay for a new ballast and be without a car for a few weeks. i dont have the time to play with this stuff anymore and i need my car all the time. i already have the stock lights back so i dont think i wanna rewire everything all over again. i have the one working ballast i can sell the buyer cheap if he/she wants to try and find one more.
Old 03-16-2007
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes! Now I can get gearbox's address through his license plates and stalk him. LOL LOL

J/K Gearbox

Free Bump For You
Old 03-16-2007

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EM2typeflex
Yes! Now I can get gearbox's address through his license plates and stalk him. LOL LOL

J/K Gearbox

Free Bump For You
PM me when u do... i wannna stalk him too!
Old 03-16-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
what kind of ballast is it and how much you want for it? i've got matsushita gen 3's, but i wouldn't mind having a spare on hand for testing or if one of mine goes. i'm gonna have 4 ballasts on the car, so a spare would be good!
Old 03-16-2007
Premium Member

its valeo ballast made in france, has d2s connector pigtail and the red/brown wires for power and ground. idk how much maybe $80 and ill give you the broken one too you could use for parts or something.
Old 03-16-2007
Registered!!

Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
i love the grill...where u get it from?
Old 03-16-2007
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Royando
i love the grill...where u get it from?
+1
also, what lip kit is that?
Old 03-17-2007
Registered!!

JMUCivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Son of a *****! I was led to this forum in search of projector info or a good set for when I got my tax checks back. Found out how expensive it would be and I got discouraged and decided on an RS lip kit instead with my state check . Im praying that my federal comes before you sell these. And BTW where did you get the "sonar" headlights for the retro...Ive tried searching but cannot find any info.
Old 03-17-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EM2typeflex

J/K Gearbox

Free Bump For You
...or you can buy his headlights and look at the return address
Old 03-17-2007
Premium Member

thanks, grill is kaminari, im getting the black mesh style tho to go with the clear headlights i have now. kit is oem coupe lip kit. sonar projectors i got off ebay. they have a ton of different types, just search for 01 civic projector.
Old 03-17-2007
Registered!!

Ballatician has a spectacular aura aboutBallatician has a spectacular aura about
Man this is tempting. So just to clear up things all the wires are included, all I need is a new valeo ballast or a pair of any ballasts and hi beam connectors.

please send me your stock seals since i dont have any now.
Just curious, where is this located and how does it look?
Old 03-17-2007
Premium Member

yea if you want the one working ballast its $65 extra. ill throw in the old one too, maybe you can open it and it could just be a blown fuse. i dont have the tool to open. but all you need are ballasts (D2S) and a way to hook the hi beam halogens up. if you want the second hi beam upgrade harness its $25 extra. you just have to put the spade connectors on it and wire the trigger.

rubber are those weather strips that i took off the hood and glued to the headlight to cover up the silicone. gives a cleaner look so no silicone is visible when lights are installed.

the lo beam harness is included with relay and fuse, just hook that up to battery and ballast and tap the headlight 12v wire for the trigger, they will stay on when the hi beam is used also.. i will make lil labels so you know where to put the wires. this whole setup cost me close to $700 without labor, so i think the price is very fair, esp considering the stuff is less than a year old. .6 months./

Old 03-17-2007

most inpressive
Old 03-17-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
this whole setup cost me close to $700 without labor, so i think the price is very fair
FAIR???? this is a steal!!!!! after spending the last 4 months researching retros, and finishing my retro this weekend, this setup is sweet!!! if i didn't already have a retro, i'd buy it.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

MiStAmOo is on a distinguished road
Re: 01-03 civic HID valeo retrofit headlights

bump for a good guy and quality
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

Re: 01-03 civic HID valeo retrofit headlights (full set)

bump. i added the valeo ballasts. they were tested outside of the car and both are working fine. bump for a good deal otherwise i am gonna rip the headlights open and sell the parts off which would be a shame cause they are perfect now ready to install.

$520 shipped for everything, headlamps, projectors, ballasts, bulbs, two harnesses, all the dust boots and wires.
Old 03-21-2007
Administrator
Administrator

so what was causing the one ballast not to work in the car? part of the harness?
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

yeah i think the harness or relay was bad. i swapped in a new relay and it worked for a while but then stopped altogether. when i tried ballast direct to test battery, it worked! the weird thing was the harness only came with one relay, i thought there should be two or maybe not. i suck at wiring.

well they have been dismantled, i need money so hopefully someone buys the parts.
Old 03-22-2007
Administrator
Administrator

i really want the ballasts, but i'm broke right now. just bought new rims, eibach pro kit springs, spc camber kit, grays endlinks and some other stuff on top of dropping $700+ on my TSX retro. if you still have them when i get some cash back, i'll take them.

Last edited by electric130; 03-22-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-22-2007

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough

Wanting to sell the Valeo's by themselfs?
Old 03-22-2007
Premium Member

sure $110 shipped for valeos, $65 shipped for bulbs, $140 shipped for ballasts

the projectors have some jb weld on the outside i couldnt remove but thats the only lil problem. everything else looks good.
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

Civman500 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey gearbox i left you a message on hidplanet, ill take the valeos dude for sure, how do we do the paymet?