Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Dashboard and lights....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwils is an unknown quantity at this point
Dashboard and lights....

I recently just got a 2003 Honda Civic. After buying it my dashboard lights and and the gauges stop working. They will flicker on every once in awhile but thats ever so often. Pull the dash apart there's no wires behind it that are disconnected or anything I was told to check the wiring underneath the seat and they are fine. I don't know what else to check I've been told to check the headlight switch but I'm not sure if that's just the whole toggle switch for headlights and blinker or if that's a different individual switch.
Old 07-08-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dashboard and lights....

I've been told to check the headlight switch but I'm not sure
If the parking lights still work while the dash lights don't, the switch is not the problem.

I'd pull the cluster out, turn everything on, and wiggle its harness connectors while observing the gauges and lights to see if that makes any difference.
Old 07-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwils is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
If the parking lights still work while the dash lights don't, the switch is not the problem.

I'd pull the cluster out, turn everything on, and wiggle its harness connectors while observing the gauges and lights to see if that makes any difference.
okay i just tried that and still nothing except the BRAKE light is still on. But thats been on since i bought it. And when i turn on my high beams the indicator shows on the cluster
Old 07-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kwils
okay i just tried that and still nothing except the BRAKE light is still on. But thats been on since i bought it. And when i turn on my high beams the indicator shows on the cluster

Might be time to get a good wiring diagram and a voltmeter, figure out what's missing?
They will flicker on every once in awhile
This makes me think it may just be some poor contact or loose connection somewhere, but finding it is the hard part.
That's why I suggested wiggling the gauge cluster harness connectors, on the off chance one of those was the problem.