Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Air Conditioning problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kroenen2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Conditioning problem

Hi, I have problem with my A/C. When I turn it on, front fan starts up, compressor too (I see the clutch starts rotating and feel a power load on motor) ...but the air it blows in cab is not cold at all ! It's like A/C is off.
What could by a problem?
The system is recently filled and pressurized by a legitim company, pressure switch is OK.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Air Conditioning problem

take it back, they screwed something up?
Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

It didn't work before as well, they just refilled and pressurized thinking the problem is caused by low pressure.
Old 07-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Compressor clutch engages and spins?

Need to know a lot more about system operating pressures and conditions. Got a gauge set?

Just had an exchange with another member about an AC problem (LINK: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...need-help.html).....may or may not be the same as your problem, but if you have the necessary equipment it can probably be figured out
Old 07-20-2017
Registered!!

Yes, the clutch spins.
I have no gauges like this, I can't measure it. I don't know car mechanics well. I just tought I could fix it myself, but it doesn' look rosy. What I know is the high pressure pipe should be cold when compressor's running, but it's not cold.
It seems I have to go to mechanic with that.

Is it possible a sensor (pressure, temperature) is broken? But even the compressor wouldn't start then, would it?
Old 07-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What I know is the high pressure pipe should be cold when compressor's running,
Incorrect. The high side should be searing hot.

I just tought I could fix it myself, but it doesn' look rosy.
You might be able to, but you're probably gonna need some specialized equipment and a crash course in how MVAC works and learn how to diagnose problems with it.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/ac.htm

Old 07-20-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Incorrect. The high side should be searing hot.
Yes, my mistake, thanks, I wrote it wrong, I mean Low pressure - very low ..and the high pressure is hot. Physics. That i understand. But thats all

Thanks for info in the link...