Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

A.c. compressor wire function?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SeanA is an unknown quantity at this point
A.c. compressor wire function?

Hi all, I've been searching all over and can't find an answer to my question so please bear with me if it's been asked before....
My little sis ran her 03 civic with no oil and seized it up, I got a jdm motor from a local place and had it installed... when they were installing they pulled the wires out of the compressor side connector. All three wires from the compressor are solid red... Any idea how to determine the function of each wire so I can put them back into the connector? Firestone quoted me 1000 bucks for a whole new setup which isn't an option... thanks
Old 06-18-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A.c. compressor wire function?

Follow the wires:

The center wire is to operate the compressor clutch, it must be in the center.

the two outer wires are for the thermal protector, these can be swapped either way as long as they stay in the outer positions.