Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

2000 honda civic ex electric lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marcriv2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 honda civic ex electric lock

i was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out with my doors shut I can click my pager and it will lock my driver door and unlock my driver door but it will not work for my passenger door so I looked at it and it makes the noise and I can see it wants to lock and unlock but it is like it does not have enough power to do it I don't really understand what is happening thanks for any responses
Old 03-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2000 honda civic ex electric lock

If you can hear it try but it doesn't move, Weak actuator?

I know those have wiring issues, wires break in the jamb where they flex....but that would usually render it completely inoperative due to no connection. A broken wire might make or break contact with door movement though, so try the locks as you open and close the doors?
Old 03-06-2017
Registered!!

I was thinking that maybe the actuator may be weak but I was not sure if that was a thing?
Old 03-06-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Test, don't guess!
Old 03-06-2017
Registered!!

well I guess I will have to buy a new actuator lol
Old 03-06-2017

That's just guessing.

Use a voltmeter to verify everything up to the actuator is good.

You could connect the actuator to 12v battery with jumper wires to see if it works or not.
Old 03-06-2017
Registered!!

well as far as I know right now it is getting power because like I said it wants to lock but it is just not strong enough I inspected the wires and it look all fine
Old 03-06-2017

well as far as I know right now it is getting power because like I said it wants to lock but it is just not strong enough
How many volts are you guessing that is?

How well would the actuator work if 6 volts were reaching it?
How well would it work if 12 volts were reaching it?

Testing with actual tools gives facts.

Yeah I'd guess an actuator too, but I'd want to be damn sure that's what it really needs before spending money. Most decent parts sources don't take back electrical parts.