Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

aux port died

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DonnaJaneMiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy aux port died

Is there a product I can purchase that will sub for the aux port so that I can listen to my Pandora from my phone through the car radio speakers? I have a 2007 Civic and I don't believe it has bluetooth. I hate Birmingham radio.
The following users liked this post:
Fritslb (04-15-2021)
Old 06-30-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: aux port died

It's kind of a common problem with the 8th generation civics, that the aux input jack fails after a while. You can always replace the aux switch. Be warned, it's kind of a pain to remove "properly," though it's able to be shimmied out with a bit of force. Most (cosmetic) damaged caused by prying it out will be covered by the bezel of the aux port cover.

I had to do this on my ex-gf's car (2008 ex). Well, kinda. I took the old port, gutted it, and made it a USB input for her aftermarket in-dash navi I installed into her car, but I digress. The part number you're gonna want to look for is 39112-SNA-A01. Online, will run you about $20-$25 + shipping (if I were to order it at hondapartsunlimited.com, it'd run me $25.18, but I am located relatively close to that dealer -- 1 state over). At a dealership, I'd expect to pay along the lines of $40 + tax (list price is $31.25, and dealerships typically mark up a little bit from the list price).

A quick google search will tell you how to remove/replace the aux jack. YouTube videos galore as well as many threads over on 8thcivic.com (former sister forum back before this site turned into civicforums.com)
The following users liked this post:
Fritslb (04-15-2021)
Old 08-23-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dcelaya is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is how to fix it!
Replacing the Aux Input - 2009 Honda Civic (applies to all 8th gen)

https://youtu.be/OkiT9HSWqIY
Old 08-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scivicott is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 98 civic and I the power outlets wires are cut .. how can i put new ones in where's the other end plug in at ?
Old 04-15-2021
Registered!!

Fritslb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I tried this replacement and my audio is still bad when using my aux. I’ve trouble shot cables etc and still hearing major problems (as though music was badly mixed - I can hear some tracks well but most are muddy and faint.)

radio, Cd, all else work fine with no eq problems.

any ideas?
Old 04-15-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Device works fine when using other things in it's aux connection? (Headphones, etc)
Did you buy a cheap no name part?
Old 04-15-2021
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Did you replace with a new piece or did you try the fix in the youtube vid? I tried the fix in the youtube vid and it didn't work in my ex's 08
Old 04-15-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Did you replace with a new piece or did you try the fix in the youtube vid? I tried the fix in the youtube vid and it didn't work in my ex's 08
I bought a new part and fully replaced, so I'm worried the problem is further upstream, but don't really know what to tackle next
Old 04-15-2021
Registered!!

Yup - it's an iPhone 8 and the adapter for a standard aux works fine, the aux cable itself works fine in another vehicle, and the phone plays perfectly through headphones, other car's aux connections etc.

F