Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Honda civic 2008 ignition switch problem, is it covered by extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sdraza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda civic 2008 ignition switch problem, is it covered by extended warranty?

I have 2008 Honda civic. A few times in last couple of days when I turn the ignition off the engine doesn't stop but keeps on running. Mechanic told me that most likely it is ignition switch problem. I have extended 7 years warranty but today Honda dealer is closed so I couldn't ask them whether this problem covered by extended warranty.
Old 03-29-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda civic 2008 ignition switch problem, is it covered by extended warranty?

Are there ANY non-factory mods on the car, such as aftermarket remote start? Issues related to something like that probably aren't going to be covered by any warranty company, that sort of thing is only covered by the installer.

Dealer is not likely to do anything unless the car acts up so the problem can be verified, and stays broken long enough to get it diagnosed.

Aftermarket extended warranties are a crapshoot. I don't recommend them. I only recommend factory backed extended warranty like Honda Care.

Typically, YOU have to authorize the checkout. Once a cause is determined, then the warranty company is called to see if the item is covered. They deny the claim, you still owe for the checkout charges.

I can't imagine a dealer closed today. I want to go work for them.