*solved* Interior LED Lighting - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2013   #1  
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point
*solved* Interior LED Lighting

Just bought myself a 2 Position Toggle 15 Amp switch and a dual LED strip light for car interiors. I know where I want everything but I am not sure how to set it up...

The lights have 2 sets of black and black-white wires. And obviously the switch has an off and on connector.

Any one ever done this before? I just want to be able to turn the interior lights on/off while the car is running.

Thanks

Last edited by NAcaRice; 01-16-2013 at 10:02 AM.
NAcaRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013   #2  
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Interior LED Lighting

The light should have come with a diagram or something telling you what the wires are. One should be + and the other - hook + to 12v source. Run neg from led to switch then from switch to ground.
GolNat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #3  
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Interior LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
The light should have come with a diagram or something telling you what the wires are. One should be + and the other - hook + to 12v source. Run neg from led to switch then from switch to ground.
Haha thanks. Looks like I didnt really need any help. Managed to do the whole thing without looking online.

I ran a the power wire from the cigarette lighter fuse to one end of the switch. Then I attached the power wires for the lights to the other end of the switch. And the ground from the lights to bolts attached to the frame. Hid all the wires and turned it on. Light!
NAcaRice is offline   Reply With Quote