Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

2 way speaker mod..Got a question for the pros

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 way speaker mod..Got a question for the pros

I bought the mid price pioneer 2 way speakers for my car. I'm having a hard time balancing the range frequencies.

My question is, would it be possible to cut the tethers to the tweeters on the speakers. Getting a little sick of all the highs!
Old 10-13-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2 way speaker mod..Got a question for the pros

I have the same speakers, i had the same problem with them before the amp, are you just running them off the head unit?
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjones7755
I have the same speakers, i had the same problem with them before the amp, are you just running them off the head unit?
Yes. But I'm not looking high power audio, just good clean sound with healthy bass.
Old 10-14-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

People have a misconception about audio. More power isnt just to make it louder, it improves the sound quality. Right now you're getting less bass than your stock speakers bc the new speakers are designed to handle 50w and you're only feeding them 20ish if youre lucky. Bass takes the most power to reproduce since it has to move the voice coil the furthest. Since your speakers are getting 20 watts, it has no power to move the voice coil and make the bass, this is why your highs are coming through so strong.

A decent amp will cost you 75-100 dollars and it's well worth it. Without an amp, you'd be better off with your stock speakers if you're looking for better bass
Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

You can disconnect the tweeters but you will lose all frequency on the high end. It will sound worse than stock. You can cut the treble through the head unit but you will never get really good sound from a stock unit. An amp or after market unit will make a huge difference.
My head unit allows for adjustment for mid-high, high and ultra high frequencies allowing for fine tuning to my tastes.