Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LoJack and other anti-theft devices

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012
Si lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADSonix is an unknown quantity at this point
LoJack and other anti-theft devices

I've done alot of research about an 2000 civic si and i found out how often they get stolen. I cant get lojack right when i get the car so i got a list of what i want to do to my car to reduce the chances of it being stolen. My first purchase is probably going to be a pedal jack and have it setup on the clutch. but ultimately i want a lojack system and i want to know if anybody had experiences using one to retrieve a stolen vehicle, or any other anti-theft devices they use on there cars.
Old 05-04-2012
Registered!!

lojackian is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: LoJack and other anti-theft devices

Originally Posted by ADSonix
I've done alot of research about an 2000 civic si and i found out how often they get stolen. I cant get lojack right when i get the car so i got a list of what i want to do to my car to reduce the chances of it being stolen. My first purchase is probably going to be a pedal jack and have it setup on the clutch. but ultimately i want a lojack system and i want to know if anybody had experiences using one to retrieve a stolen vehicle, or any other anti-theft devices they use on there cars.
Hello AdSonix,

If you have any questions on LoJack or want to get in touch send us an email to corporatecommunications@lojack.com or simply give us a call at 1-800-4-LOJACK

Thank you for considering LoJack to protect your vehicle.

Jason A.
http://www.lojack.com
http://www.autotheftblog.com
Old 05-04-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I would get a really nice alarm system like a DEI Viper with shock and tilt sensors. They have 2 way remote systems that let you know when a sensor has been tripped. By the time they locate your car it will be in pieces, I would rather stop the theft from the start.
Old 05-04-2012
Registered!!

iridehonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
I would get a really nice alarm system like a DEI Viper with shock and tilt sensors. They have 2 way remote systems that let you know when a sensor has been tripped. By the time they locate your car it will be in pieces, I would rather stop the theft from the start.
I agree with this. There are only 27 states that have police units equipped with tracking systems, and even then they must be within 3-5 miles of the vehicle. It will most likely be stripped by the time they get to it.
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

lojackian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iridehonda
I agree with this. There are only 27 states that have police units equipped with tracking systems, and even then they must be within 3-5 miles of the vehicle. It will most likely be stripped by the time they get to it.
We do offer an early warning system to help prevent this from happening: http://www.lojack.com/car/Pages/car-...y-warning.aspx
Old 05-07-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ADSonix
My first purchase is probably going to be a pedal jack and have it setup on the clutch.
don't waste that money, just keep it for saving for the lojack... That thing does not even stop one who wants to steal yer car.
loud systems are still better than chains and stuff like that.
I had a huge tempered lock type system in my car back in my home country, but the guy saw through it because i did not have a loud alarm system, so he had all the time in the world to saw through it (it was quite a sturdy system, BTW).
Old 05-07-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can drive your car without the clutch if I really wanted to steal it
Old 05-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no alarm will matter when the tow truck comes. if they want it, they will get it. alarms are completely useless and an amateur can disable it in seconds. even door locks can be opened quickly using basic tools. the only things that will deter non tow truck theft is a locking wheel boot (like the city uses), or pulling random wire harness from under the hood for ignition and fuel injectors hoping they wont open the hood and check. but again these only work once and they will be back to get it later. just get something with a lower theft rate. im no thief but i could be inside your car in 10 secs using an ice scraper and coat hanger, have your hood open and siren disabled in another 5 seconds, then im free to steal anything in the car with nobody even looking. if i really wanted to, i could fiddle around with the alarm wiring under the dash and bypass the starter kill relay in under a minute.

Old 05-08-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

here are the best things i would do to try and keep thieves out of your car. if you do enough of these things, usually they will not bother or give up and go somewhere else unless they are serious about taking the whole thing

-if you have power door locks, unplug all the switches. it is much harder to gain entry into a car with manual locks.

-do not leave anything in plain sight, not even a penny. in fact if possible, do not leave anything in the car period.

-keep the radio stock, or if you must have aftermarket make a block off plate to cover it (taking the face off doesnt help).

-if you are in a bad area, unplug the spark plug wires and fuel injectors but make it look like they are still plugged in by loosely fitting them together.

-never disable your interior hood and trunk release levers unless you want major damage from a crow bar because they think you are hiding valuables. same with locking the glove box. they will get in anyway, so instead refrain from putting anything in there.