Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Gauge Cluster problems...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trevorcartmill5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gauge Cluster problems...Please help

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

I have a couple questions regarding my gauge cluster. I'm pretty brainy when it comes to civic interior and electrical, but I've searched everywhere trying to find answers to this and cannot find a solution anywhere.

heres the situation. I have a 94 civic dx. with the stock gauge cluster that doesnt have the tach. I had reverse glow gauge faces for a while, but I've recently decided to swap the gauge cluster to a 94 EX cluster with tach so I can have my rpms. my first question is, on my dx, no tach cluster I was taking my gauge faces off and accidentally popped my fuel gauge needle off. I put it back on, but it seems very hard to move like its stuck. once this needle is popped off, does it just quit working after its put back on? because it doesnt move at all.

my second question... Ive looked at the DIY write ups for the gauge cluster swap from the dx to ex. but they left out out one detail. I was thinking about the fuel gauge, and once you have swapped your dx cluster out with the ex cluster, does the fuel gauge automatically adjust to your cars fuel level, or do you have to adjust it to where it was before you did the swap, by hand? please help.
thanks,