Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

radio display and code

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just mark is an unknown quantity at this point
radio display and code

Hi folks, Mark here. First wanted to say thanks for all the info on this forum.
I swapped the radio assembly in my 2007 civic. Apparently I put a radio and cd player in from a SI model since the display is red instead of blue. I'm thinking I could take it out and swap the display with the original radio keeping the new mechanism and guts, and the original display and dash front. (I changed the radio because the cd player quit working) I have the code for the new (ebay) radio, but not the original one, although I'm sure it's there somewhere.

My question is about the code. Does it go with the new radio, or the original electronics and face?
Old 12-26-2011
Registered!!

just mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: radio display and code

Well, got it figured out. The code actually goes with the small display module thingie. I changed that and had to put the original code back in. It was on the left side of the glove box door when the door is open.
Old 12-27-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

There is a DIY video in the 8th gen section on this too. Glad to see you got it fixed tho..
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

MD7391 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pof need the key for my car radio's serial number is 40014585, and I can not unlock it to work.

Awaiting reply thanks.

Brds
Old 04-15-2012
Registered!!

juniorcrystal is an unknown quantity at this point

Somebody here please help, my wife is without radio for a second week.

I replaced the battery in my wife's '05 Civic LX now the radio shows only CODE. I tried to do what I read others explain here what I got was the serial No. 27368158. VIN#1HGES16385L019412 email: junior.crystal@yahoo.com

I really appreciate the help of anyone here as I am not able to get the phone # and zip code when the car was once purchased as we are the second owners. First owner was a student and left USA after completing her studies.

Last edited by juniorcrystal; 04-18-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

As explained many times elsewhere on this forum:
Call the customer assistance number that is printed in your owners info, and on the Honda website.
Tell them you just bought the car.
They will take your info and update their records, and can give you the radio code.
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

jsantizo is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO, I NEED YOUR HELP, I HAVE MY RADIO CODE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO YOU CAN PROVIDE ME.
serial number 40024121
VIN 2HGFG12617H526254

jsantizolh@gmail.com