headlamp relay question - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2010   #1
Registered!!

Pestra01 is an unknown quantity at this point
headlamp relay question

just replaced my stock H4's with an HID kit, now the ballasts got hot and after about 30 minutes the headlights go out, if you wait long enough and turn the headlights back on they come on. The head lamp relays are burning hot and i think thats the problem does anyone know if they make high amperage relays that are oem replacements?
Pestra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010   #2
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Re: headlamp relay question

You should make (or buy) yourself a relay harness for HIDs, using the battery as a direct source of power and using the OEM H4 connection to trigger the relay.
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: headlamp relay question

check theretrofitsource.com for a whole new harness. ask matt for a harness to match your setup. the problem is not the stock relays, its the stock wiring which is too small to support the hi amp draw of hid system on startup. eventually you will burn up the wiring and have a big problem.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote