Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Need help with wire harness for stereo CIVIC

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with wire harness for stereo CIVIC

hi, i purchased the dynes honda/acura car stereo harness for my new radio and i cant get the harness to fit any of my wires in the car. i have a 1998 civic LX. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or know what type of harness to buy. if it matters i bought it all at best buy

-thanks guys
Old 07-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need help with wire harness for stereo CIVIC

Harness to fit any of your wires? Want to rephrase that a little bit?
Old 08-01-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help with wire harness for stereo CIVIC

What you wrote there is very confusing and hard to understand!!! Remember to be detailed, things that seem clear to you might not be so understandable to someone who does not know your situation. From what I gather you may have the wrong harness for your car. Make sure sure your harness is made for your car model and year.

Your supposed to join the wires together for the honda/acura harness and the aftermarket radio harness. I hope you did not cut off your stock car harness thats inside the dash!!! Because the harness you bought from best buy should plug right into it.

Here is a pic of my S10 harness that I have lying around, just to show you what it looks like after its "Almost" complete. You plug one end to your radio and the other end to your stock car harness.

Good luck, and if that has not helped please make your question a bit easier to read.

Name:  DSCF4315.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  129.2 KB

Last edited by BlueEM2; 08-01-2009 at 02:30 AM.