resistors - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2008   #1
Registered!!

EM2 Nig is an unknown quantity at this point
resistors

does anyone know if it's ok to connect a resistor to a headlight bulb wire harness to make the bulb dim down?
EM2 Nig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #2
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: resistors

why do you want to do that? sure you can if you get one with a high enough rating. you can't just use 1/4w ones from radio shack.
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol yeah you need a huge resistor about the size of your hand, if they even make one. and its gonna get hot enough to melt plastic dissipating that much heat. what exactly do you want to do here? if you just want a lil dimmer lights, buy the LongLife sylvanias, they have a few hundred less lumen than stock and look more yellow.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #4
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I thought we said that "EM2 Nig" was too racy of a username?
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #5
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what if hes black tho?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #6
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Oh that's right, it's ok when THEY say it....
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #7
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol.
02BLKCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #8
Registered!!

EM2 Nig is an unknown quantity at this point

oh my name lol I talked to Triz about it already...but anyways I don't have an EM2 anymore crashed it and sold it. I have an accord now and the reason for the resistors is that I was wondering if you can dim down the high beams to make them like drls. Just a curious thought trying to save money =X don't wanna spend 60 bucks on a drl module haha
EM2 Nig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #9
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

just wire the high beams in series so that they each only see ~6v. you can use a DPDT relay to switch the wiring so that when you don't have your headlights on, the high beams will act as DRLs and then when you turn your headlights on, they'll be normal high beams. i don't think you get any extra insurance breaks though unless they DRL's are stock.
electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote