can water damage a speaker(s)????? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2007   #1
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
can water damage a speaker(s)?????

the question may sound stupid... but im oddly curious b/c i currently have my door panels off and doing some interior work.

A civic has many flaws... and im not surprised this is one of 'em... it was raining oneday and i noticed water dripping through in between the window and into the interior door panel..... i didnt think much of it b/c it's a civic...

...so, today, i went through a car wash... more water came through the window and into the interior door area... and i noticed that the water was dripping over the speaker on the door.... now, it's a stock speaker, so i dont really give it that big of a deal... but im going to switch to kenwood speakers in a week or two....

so im wondering.. is that normal..? b/c i sure heck dont think so... so is there a way to protect the back part of the 6.5in round speakers??? or do i just do nothing and let water drip on it the next time it rains.....??????
AznSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #2
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can water damage a speaker(s)?????

My hunch is that water is not good for speakers. If you are concerned about it they make baffles that will keep stuff clean. I think you should fix the doors so they keep water out. That must be rust heaven in there.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dGYZQKE...aspx?i=237XT65
lordhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #3
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
My hunch is that water is not good for speakers. If you are concerned about it they make baffles that will keep stuff clean. I think you should fix the doors so they keep water out. That must be rust heaven in there.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dGYZQKE...aspx?i=237XT65
oddly enough.. i dont see any rust at all.. not that i remember at the least... there may be rust in an area that is covered up...

i did notice a tiny hole on the corners of the doors... where i would assume the rain/water would slip through... as if the doors were designed like that..
Old 11-01-2007   #4
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

hell no!

thats why they make marine speakers right? lawls
FGCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #5
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

i pray that you are kidding with this post. "can water damage a speaker"...can i ask you.. do you wear shoes with the curly laces on them so you dont have to tie them.. can you dress yourself..?
chkolny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #6
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkolny View Post
i pray that you are kidding with this post. "can water damage a speaker"...can i ask you.. do you wear shoes with the curly laces on them so you dont have to tie them.. can you dress yourself..?
good one smart a$$... dont have anything better to do with your time....?