Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Foglight issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WimmyTang is an unknown quantity at this point
Foglight issues

I have never seen a bulb look like this before...

What would cause my foglight to balloon up like that?
It only happens on my passenger side foglight. I have gone through 3 bulbs now. So I am pretty sure its not the bulb. I even took the bulb out of the drivers side and put in the passenger side and it will eventually balloon up like this.

I assumed moisture at first, but I have never noticed any moisture inside of my foglight. I never had this problem till after I replaced the stock bulbs with yellow bulbs. The specs on the these bulbs are as follows:

Nokya H11 Hyper Yellow Pro Halogen 12V 55W

I just bought some yellow Lamin-X to cover my foglight lenses. I think I am going to go back to my stock bulbs for now. And just out of curiousity... anyone ever used Lamin-X and have any tips on the best way to apply it to my foglights?
Old 05-31-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Foglight issues

just overheating. are you using the stock fogs? they're notorious for getting hot. pretty sure that yellow is just a covering, and it doesn't seem to be able to take the heat.
Old 05-31-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Foglight issues

yeah, does that seem to be a covering, or the glass itself bubbling like that?? those bulbs may be too much for your housings. mine are eGay fogs, but they only came with 35w bulbs. Were the bulbs that came with your fogs 35w or 55w??