Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

HELP! After CD Player Install, NO Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zachpolo is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP! After CD Player Install, NO Illumination

After I installed my new HU, using all wiring harnesses, I now have NO illumination of the instrument panel. So at night, I have no idea how fast I'm going, my speed, etc. etc. I have the Blue and white wire(labeled Antenna), the brown (Labeled MUTE), and the orange wires(Both pos. and neg) NOT connected to anything. What do I have to do to illuminate the cluster again??
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
You might have not hooked up the Orange Illumination wires, but did you take the extra step to make sure to cover them in tape or crimps? If left bare they could touch metal and ground the wire, popping the fuse to your illumination lights. So check the fuse.
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

zachpolo is an unknown quantity at this point
BOTH of the orange wires are coming from the harness I got that attaches to the factory radio, so there isn't any orange ones from the new units harness to connect to.. Or do I just connect the orange ones together even though they are on the same harness?
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

lil_brwn_guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't Connect them together cause the orange wire is the 12V+ Park light wire and the orange/white is the (-)dimmer wire short them together and you will burn out the illumination switch and you will need a new cluster.