Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

new rims for a civic 2002 ex

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bafonso is an unknown quantity at this point
new rims for a civic 2002 ex

Hi,

I recently replaced all my tires but now one of my tires is constantly losing air. The car probably still has the original rims. Can anyone recommend a place to get the cheapest rims? I won't keep this car for long so i'd like to invest the lowest possible...

I don't really need to replace all 4, likely just 2 would be fine with me. Majestic Honda does not sell them, couldn't get a part #... I basically just need to make sure whatever rim I get is the same spec as original so I can reuse the new tires.

cheers
Old 03-01-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: new rims for a civic 2002 ex

www car-part dot com

Search by region.
Old 03-01-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bafonso
Hi,
I won't keep this car for long so i'd like to invest the lowest possible...
The lowest possible cost would be to find the cause of the leak and repair it instead of replacing all four rims. Did the rims get the bead surfaces cleaned when the tires were replaced? Was bead sealer used? New valve stems? Valve core properly installed and tight?

Inflate the tire and spray it with soap water, when you see air bubbles appear you have found where the leak is.
Old 03-01-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

or, if you're dead set on new rims, look for someone on craigslist selling some 15" stock steelies.
Old 03-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Ask your local dealer if he has a used rim from take offs. Cain't hurt. Sort of think part man was making a few $ on side but I got one for a spare for next to nothing.