Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Tire?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grease monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire?????

I'm currently on steelies 195/65/15. I bought some 15" rims for my civic last week and thinking of changing tire size to 195/55/15. I want to lower my civic more than what it already is. What tire size are you guys running and how is the ride??
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

Re: Tire?????

Really over one hundred views and no replies!!! you guys have to have some pics of your rides tires and what size your using.
Old 06-13-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i use the stock tire size because i like ride quality over looks and dont want to pray when going over potholes. not worth a bent rim for me and ive never understood what the appeal is to running lower profile tires. nobody else will notice it, your instruments will be off, and you just make the ride worse.
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i use the stock tire size because i like ride quality over looks and dont want to pray when going over potholes. not worth a bent rim for me and ive never understood what the appeal is to running lower profile tires. nobody else will notice it, your instruments will be off, and you just make the ride worse.
Thanks for speaking up. I like the stock tire ride but not the look. The tires look to beefy.
Old 06-13-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well just be aware there is always a trade-off. i've been in plenty of cars with larger wheels and thinner tires, its not something i could live with esp being lowered. i already get complaints when other people ride in my car with only a 1 inch drop on stock wheels/tires.
Old 06-13-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

stock:
Name:  vic.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  112.4 KB
Old 06-14-2012
Registered!!

Nice pic
Old 06-18-2012
Registered!!

I took off my steelies this weekend and ended up sticking with the stock tire size for now. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW RIMS.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	83525  
Old 06-18-2012
Premium Member

looks good to me