Stuck brakes - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2010   #1  
Registered!!

chiles400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuck brakes

I broke my ankle hiking and was unable to use my 2003 Honda Civic LX for 8 weeks ( it was in the garage). Yesterday when I attempted to drive it it felt like the brakes were locked ( like backing up when you forgot to release the hand brake but I had not forgot) and made a loud squealing noise. I went up and down the drive a couple of times , pumped the brakes, engaged and released the hand brake lever with no change.

I am not a mechanic ( I have changed oil and plugs, replaced side view mirror, etc but nothing major) but would like to solve this problem myself. Am I being unreasonable and how would I begin the process. Seems to be the left rear brake.

Thanks for your consideration

John
Edit/Delete Message
chiles400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2  
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stuck brakes

Take the wheel off and see what can be seen.
lordhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #3  
Registered!!

OK--the wheel is off and there is a rusty hub. Should the cover ,or outer part come off?

Thanks again

john
Old 11-09-2010   #4  
Registered!!

Banged it with a hammer and it loosened. Thanks for input.

john