Need Help on Buying the right tires for my Honda Civic EX '07 - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2010   #1
Registered!!

code816 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help on Buying the right tires for my Honda Civic EX '07

Hello,

I bought my '07 Honda Civic EX Sedan in 2007 and the dealer has now indicated that the tires have totally worn out because I hadn't done a single wheel alignment since I bought it. I am now at 25k miles and have to replace them asap. I have no clue on what tires to buy. I went to Discounttires.com to read the user reviews before making a decision and am now totally confused. I am in Chicago and need my car tires to be in good shape during both the seasons. Mine came with OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL400 ones and users have posted that it sucks because of short life and ROAD NOISE.

My tire size: 205/55-16

Last edited by code816; 07-23-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: mistyped the wrong specification for my Tires
code816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010   #2
Registered!!

EXL OWNER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Help on Buying the right tires for my Honda Civic EX '07

I had the Potenza RE-960 all weather on my 2008 civic and was very pleased with the much smoother ride and very quiet tires upgraded from the Turanza. They dont handle like a good summer tire although they are great in the rain....havent tried them in the snow/ice. Its a good thing to check alignment at least once a year...your results may vary...
EXL OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010   #3
Registered!!

code816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for responding back...When you say they don't handle like a good summer tire, what exactly do you mean?
code816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #4
Registered!!

EXL OWNER is an unknown quantity at this point

Any all weather tire is going to give up some handling due to the rubber compound is partially synthetic. Most summer tires are primarilly rubber which grips solid pavement better as well as wear out faster. The all weather tire is better in snow and ice due to the tread compound...each tire manufacurer deals with the compounds different.
The potenza 960 tread is soft and rides nice and quiet but has a bit of understeer which makes it not very good if you want an aggresive tire.
EXL OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote