Rim/tire question - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2010   #1  
Registered!!

TheGreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Rim/tire question

Hey guys, I know there's a whole bunch of similar threads, but none really answers my question.

I just bought myself a 04 civic coupe and right now it had ugly black 14" wheels with wheel caps on them. I also have 2 front winter tires and 2 back summer tires (wtf?). But that's not the point. I'm gonna buy a set of nice looking rims and new summer tires, but I've gotten a lot of contrary advice on the wheel size I should get. I'm hesitating between 16" and 17", because mainly of the ride comfort / crappy road conditions where I live. A lot of people, including my dad's friend who knows a bunch about tires and wheels, are telling me even 16"'s are gonna have a crappy ride, but if I check on here, 17" seems to be the standard. A factor to take into consideration is the crappy roads where I live (Quebec). I've heard about bigger rims bending easier on potholes and similar stuff.

So pretty much what I'm asking is: Is the ride on 17" rims (and harsh roads) gonna be reasonably good or should I just get 16"'s.

On a side note: Anyone know if XXR wheels are any good? I'm considering those.

Thanks!
TheGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #2  
Registered!!

chiblitzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rim/tire question

bro i have the same problem as u i live in qc too...my honda civic 05 got 14 inchs but i want to change it!! ive been told 16inchs tires are the best...17inches wont be good for the honda!! we'll c what other ppl will say!!
chiblitzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #3  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

here's my car with 17's, lowered about 1.4 inches

Drove an entire winter in upstate NY with these on

Name:  DSCN1236.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  145.7 KB

rear
Name:  DSCN1242.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  119.5 KB

Front
Name:  DSCN1241.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  103.0 KB
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #4  
Registered!!

Sick, the tires don't look that tiny, are they 205/45R17's ?
Old 04-22-2010   #5  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

215/45-17's
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #6  
Registered!!

I've found the 17" rims I like the best and some of the cheapest summer tires I could find with still decent comfort rating because the ride is already gonna be not so good with 17's.

Rims: http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?w...2D+Black%2FRed

Tires: http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...za+RE760+Sport

It would cost me 1440$ CAD for all 4 rims and tires + mounting and balancing and shipping

This is pretty damn expensive, so I don't wanna end up with crap, any of you guys have experience with those rims / tires? Is this a good price?