1990 civic brake issue HELP - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2009   #1
Registered!!

KOSSLO is an unknown quantity at this point
1990 civic brake issue HELP

i have a 1990 honda civic sedan (4door) just a beater but has over 200,000 miles and still going strong. LOL

my issue is that the passenger side hydraulic line failed so i replaced it.
no big deal. right? wrong lol.
what is happening is i went to bleed the brake line on that side first time got a lil air with fluid normal. second time pedal went straight to the floor. after that i have not been able to regain the pressure in the lines grrrrrrrr
i do know the bleed sequence and there is not ABS isnt my first time working on Hondas but the only thing i can think of is the master cylinder went. looked for all the normal signs of this but nothing. drivers side rear has no fluid coming out when i pump up the pedal (witch dosent feel like it is pumping up ) used a vacume pump to get fluid back there still no bleed checked the booster its fine.
anyone got any ideas. other then what i think it is ?
KOSSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #2
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 1990 civic brake issue HELP

This may sound dumb, but check the resivior to see if there is fluid in there. What comes out when you try to bleed it? What about the rest of the lines what comes out?
04 Honda Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #3
Registered!!

yes lol there is fluid in the reservoir and when i bleed the other three clean fluid comes out now i did have fluid on the drivers back but as i said when you pump up the peddle the peddle one dosent pump up(get stiff) and i have no signs of building pressure at the peddle or in the lines IE still able to spin the rotors while pumping the peddle ?
Old 12-10-2009   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you used the right size line and fittings right?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #5
Registered!!

lol yes it was the hydraulic line i replaced passenger front
Old 12-22-2009   #6
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

You are saying the brake pedal does not get stiff at all? Not even spongy? Recheck your work for leaks. Check the master cylinder and everything.
04 Honda Civic is offline   Reply With Quote