Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Good stock replacement tire.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rumptis is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stock replacement tire.

I have 2005 EX SE. I have 44,000 miles on it and needless to say the original tires are pretty worn.

I plan on keeping the car stock and just want a good replacement tire that does not cost 100 bucks a piece if that is possible.

I want to have an all around good tire, quiet, smooth, wear well and all around good traction.

The stock tires served me well and I have no complaints really. Just want to see if there is something as good or better for less money.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

gelshmoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good stock replacement tire.

Originally Posted by rumptis
I want to have an all around good tire, quiet, smooth, wear well and all around good traction.
there are a bunch of reviews in the forum if you search. I think one is sticky'd in the 7thgen subforum.

personally, the only other tire I've had is Michelin Hydroedge, which I got used with some rims from civicmex. they are allright. there is a little bit more road noise (though this could be from their wider tread) than the stockers. the dry traction is decent and the wet traction is very good. i think i've only hydroplaned once or twice by accident in a rainstorm. they definately saved me from rear ending someone those couple of times, though! i know the tread rating is up in the 700s, so they are pretty darn hard. they suck on snow, but i guess most tires do except snow tires. overall, hydroedge = /
Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

rumptis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I found the thread.
Old 06-18-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of driving do you do? depending on how aggressive you are, a cheaper tire might be fine.