Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Replacement Lug Nut

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Replacement Lug Nut

I was in a slight fender bender a couple weekends ago affecting my passenger front wheel area. I went to pull the wheel off to straighten the fender and one of the nuts stripped. After driving around for a while with three lug nuts I bought a replacement wheel stud to get installed, but need to replace the stripped lug nut. I assume I will need to find the exact lug nut if I want to be able to use the key I have for all the others. Is this possible or should I just look into getting all new lug nuts?

Seems like a typical lug nut with 6 grooves:

Old 04-01-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Replacement Lug Nut

Tuner lugs? If you know what brand they are I'd give em a call and see if there's a way to ID the pattern.
Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

They were installed when I got new wheels, don't know the manuf. Was too excited at the time to think one day I might need to know how to replace one.
Old 04-01-2008
Registered!!

After some searching, it appears that it may be these. Still the question, is it possible to get just one or should I just invest in new all around?
Old 04-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

idk, its hard to say for sure if they are the same. i have a slightly used set of 16 chrome muteki nuts and key i will sell you for $25 shipped if you want. i switched to black.

Old 04-02-2008
Registered!!

I may take you up on those gearbox if I can't find 1 to match the ones I have. I'd just hate to have 19 extra lug nuts that are basically useless.
Old 04-15-2008
Registered!!

seelsy is an unknown quantity at this point

their spline lugnuts made my gorilla, i have the same ones of my rims, any parts store can order you some, most tire shops have um on hand and some will even sell you one