Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Dreaming of these rims.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Dreaming of these rims.....

These are my new favorite rims:

Gram Lights 57 maximum Pro.

The pictures are for an aggressive offset for the 350z/g35. So I understand that the lip would never be like that for my civic, but still it's a sick *** rim.

I have come to the conclusion that I will only purchase a reverse barrel rim. Meaning that the outer lip is just curved out rather then a sharp corner then a flat lip on the outside.

too bad they go for 576 per wheel...
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/g...0-p-44044.html

Maybe one day.....

As for now, I'm still day dreaming.

Last edited by Eyger; 03-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dreaming of these rims.....

keep dreaming then...lol
Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted

that's way too much for a rim, go look for some better looking rims at discounttiredirect.com, free shipping and much better deals.
Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

those are nice sets of rims tho.. but .... soon enough you'll get it
Old 03-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

what? 576/pic?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

It says 249 for 16"; 320 for 17"
Old 03-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colourwolf
what? 576/pic?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

It says 249 for 16"; 320 for 17"

You mean 576/piece? Yes, the link included in my original post shows the wheel for sale at vividracing.com The wheel you posted is the 57S one piece. The wheel I want is the 57 Maximum Pro, 2 piece.

One day THEY SHALL BE MINE!
Old 03-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by popee
those are nice sets of rims tho.. but .... soon enough you'll get it
Thanks for the positive outlook, it's nice to hear someone supportive! Rather then some other people who don't understand, always tellin me I'm wastin my money! shoot.... they just don't get it! *COUGH* Girlfriend/family *COUGH*
Old 03-19-2008

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough

youll never get that deep of a dish to fit on a civic.....so the ones that do fit will look crappier
Old 03-19-2008
Registered!!

US DK is an unknown quantity at this point

is ur civic a five bolt pattern? cause those rims are...
Old 03-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
youll never get that deep of a dish to fit on a civic.....so the ones that do fit will look crappier
I disagree. I think this rim would look good without the massive lip. You don't need lip to have a nice looking rim. Volk Ce28N's don't have a lip, most of the advan wheels dont, they're all nice. Whatever the case, I still like these gram lights.
Old 03-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by US DK
is ur civic a five bolt pattern? cause those rims are...

No, my car isn't the pictures are for a 350z/g35, the link I posted is the appropriate 4 lug version.
Old 03-23-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Here's a photochop of what It might look like if I get these wheels. I would probably take the wheel to a local paint shop and get the color matched for my car. So I would have color matched gunmetal wheels and car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	grams.jpg
Views:	1415
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	73937  
Old 03-31-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Sick *** wheels. Why not these:

Old 03-31-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Whoa, yea those are sick too, I've seen em. Seibon Edition right? There's something about the black satin / flat color which I really like....
Old 03-31-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eyger
Whoa, yea those are sick too, I've seen em. Seibon Edition right? There's something about the black satin / flat color which I really like....
Nah, they're the time attacks. Sickest wheels ever.
Old 03-31-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

My wheels were $475 a piece and got a pretty big lip.
Old 03-31-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by DeX
My wheels were $475 a piece and got a pretty big lip.
That's tight, do you have some pics? Which wheels do you have?
Old 03-31-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by andyman97
Nah, they're the time attacks. Sickest wheels ever.
Oh nice, I like those too. I was thinking of this model:

I think the seibon edition is like a dark grey, as the time attacks are black, not sure though.
Old 03-31-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, that's about right. I prefer the time attacks over the seibon. Time attacks are more rare and hard to get.
Old 03-31-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eyger
That's tight, do you have some pics? Which wheels do you have?
Tenzo-R Drive X-7
They're not really anything special and I don't have a good picture of the lip on the back. The front is hardly anything.

Old 04-01-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by andyman97
Yeah, that's about right. I prefer the time attacks over the seibon. Time attacks are more rare and hard to get.
But these pics are all variations of the te37. Beautiful wheels though.
Old 04-02-2008
A long winded 7th genr

I've always been skeptical about Tenzo-R, are they good quality? I want the wheels on my car to be the corner stone of my build... I just get so discouraged when I see the people around here with pretty nice cars and then hideous wheels..... I dont wanna be wunna dem.