Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now_exowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Rotors

All right, for all I love about Honda, I can't figure it out why they would deem it nessesary to put screws to attach the rotors. Like the wheel couldn't hold it.

Anyways, my problem is that after 83,000 miles I finally need to change pads and rotors. I can't seem to break the screws off on the rotors. Any ideas how to loosen them????? I used rust breaker, did the old impact screwdriver trick and the only thing I have managed to do is elongate the phillips opening on the screw. It's driving me crazy, any ideas??

Dave
Old 03-12-2008
End Bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rotors

Originally Posted by now_exowner
All right, for all I love about Honda, I can't figure it out why they would deem it nessesary to put screws to attach the rotors. Like the wheel couldn't hold it.

Anyways, my problem is that after 83,000 miles I finally need to change pads and rotors. I can't seem to break the screws off on the rotors. Any ideas how to loosen them????? I used rust breaker, did the old impact screwdriver trick and the only thing I have managed to do is elongate the phillips opening on the screw. It's driving me crazy, any ideas??

Dave
you need a impact hammer, make sure you hammer it hard enough, those screws can hold really handle a few hits, one of mine was stripped, i ended up drilling it out
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rotors

They put the screws in for assembly purposes.