2003 Civic Audio Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aPhilosopher is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic Audio Error Code

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid. When my battery died, the audio system reverted to requiring the code be entered. I apparently tried to enter the code (obtained from dealer based on audio serial number) too fast and ended up with an "Err3" error code. My local mechanic told me all I had to do was leave the key in the accessory position for an hour+ and I would then be able to re-enter the 5-digit code. However, I have now tried twice for a couple of hours at a time to leave the key in the accessory position, but the "Err3" message remains and it will not let me re-enter the code. There is no information in the manual, and I could find nothing in these forums either by global search or reviewing individual messages.

Does anyone know anything more about how to clear the "Err3" error code?
Old 01-11-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic Audio Error Code

try disconnecting the battery again?
Old 01-11-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic Audio Error Code

you need to unplug the deck or disconnect battery