7thgen coupe center consoles

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
7thgen coupe center consoles

This has prolly been covered before, and I think I know the answer, but I just want a solid answer for this question.. That, and this site's search function makes me want to punch a baby in the face. I think I've searched for it before and ended up giving up hope..

My 02 coupe has the center console with the covered front cup holders and no armrest. If I were to get a hold of say, an 03+ center console with an armrest, would all the mounting holes line up so it would be a straight swap? And also, would the armrest fit with racing racing seats, since the side bolsters are a bit wider than stock seats..
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 7thgen coupe center consoles

i'm curious on this as well. i wanted to do a 02/04 hybrid center console.
Old 08-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

My understanding is that the console would be a direct bolt-in IF you stick with the same year range. Your car is an 02, so I think you'd need to score a console from the 01-03 range. IIRC, the 01-03 consoles are two-piece in the sense that the section above the cupholders (where the cig lighter is) is a separate piece... whereas the consoles from the 04-05 range that's all 1 piece and connected halfway down the sides of the shifter section of the console. (Maybe that's just the sedans, and the coupes are different?! I dunno)

Definitely double-check, though.

And I have no clue about introducing racing seats into things.. lol

Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yea.. that's why I kinda want to get a solid answer before I go around ordering stuff. I'm kinda sick of my tan **** painted black with some tan streaks from the scraped off black-ness.. Its all part of my "reeeeeeaaaaalllly slowly converting to a black interior" mod.. lol