which civic should i buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about
which civic should i buy

since I destroyed my 05 dx, I was considering a 2dr coupe 8th gen SI for daily driver ...

of course am going to modify myself, but nothing to crazy ..

I have the knowledge..

am curious is it worthed buying the si, or should i get 2007 lx coupe
and then mods some ****...

the SI has the 2.0L right.. any issues with these..

I know the 1.8 in the early 06,07 were cracking the block being to thin aluminum..

ezone whats the verdict i should watch out for..

I was also looking at Subarus , toyotas suggestions

what i meant to say sometimes is worthed to buy SI because close gear transmission , so you dont have to chase parts separate or not. are the options worthed ..

I do cheap builds slowly scavange parts and the next thing you know bam i got fastet civic here)

Last edited by dsm482; 04-26-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: which civic should i buy

Lots of mod potential in the 2.0 k engine. Crap ton of support hardware and software related so I would favor that. Does take premium gas so that’s an extra expense if you drive a lot.

My brother has a WRX and it’s a fun car! Already has a turbo and lots of support for them as well. Toyota’s don’t know much about the aftermarket support but very reliable cars. Not known for being fun to drive though unless it’s a Supra or MR2.
Old 04-27-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,303 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: which civic should i buy

Just something to add the 6 speed trans in the '06+ have a pretty common issue with third gear. It either won't go all the way in and/or grind while shifting. I'm not sure when the issue was actually fixed, possibly all 8th gens were effected.