View Poll Results: Will polishing the inside of an intake manifold improve performance?
Yes, it will improve performance
0%
No, it won’t do anything at all
100.00%
No, it will reduce performance
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

D17VTECPOWER threads consolidated - how a member should not behave

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I think this is the end of my transmission

It would make a nice golf cart now
Old 07-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
D17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RobertD
at 4,000prm with your explosive refrigerant the AC is probably amazing

realistically, i have a friend that had a cavalier with only first and second gear. the only real problem with driving it like that is 50mph at 4000+ rpm is it is very loud and very embarrassing. he used to get up to speed and put it in neutral. i'm pretty sure the embarrassing car cost him his girlfriend
Actually, the AC works so well with the explosive refrigerant that the EVAP temp sensor cycles the compressor on and off no matter what the RPM is even on a 100 degree day. Therefore, the coldest it'll get is about 38 degrees. But thanks for responding!
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the rough
Where would I find wiring diagrams for foreign cars?

I am looking for a PCM wiring diagram for a 2005 Honda Stream 1.7. Any idea where I might find one? Thanks.
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

Re: Info about installing a JDM PCM in a USDM car

I bought a JDM 2005 Honda Stream 1.7 Auto engine wiring harness with PCM on Ebay for $70 shipped. I basically needed an engine harness anyway. Besides, I feel that $70 for a PCM and engine harness is a great deal. I'll report back when it arrives.
Old 07-11-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't get the transmission too?
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
You didn't get the transmission too?
I already have a JDM SLXA transmission.
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

I reinstalled the USDM PCM for testing, and I definitely noticed a decrease in low end torque with the USDM PCM. The top end power is the same as far as I can tell, but the low end torque is greatly improved with the JDM PCM. Maybe due to more aggressive ignition timing?
Old 07-11-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17VTECPOWER
I already have a JDM SLXA transmission.
You haven't been posting that your trans just bit the big one? Driving at redline in 2nd gear? LOL
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

You haven't been posting that your trans just bit the big one? Driving at redline in 2nd gear? LOL
I'm changing it this weekend.
Old 07-11-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Where would I find wiring diagrams for foreign cars?

FleaBay?
Old 07-11-2018
Registered!!

I feel so stupid for over complicating this. The problem ended up being that "someone" at my apartment complex poked a hole in my transmission cooler, causing a fluid loss. I discovered this when the car wouldn't move at all. I bypassed the cooler for now, refilled the fluid, and it drives fine now. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-11-2018

fluid loss.
wait, you posted before checking the fluid level?

"someone" at my apartment complex
This sounds like a rerun.......
Someone must really love you.
Old 07-11-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

I feel so stupid for over complicating this. The problem ended up being that "someone" at my apartment complex poked a hole in my transmission cooler, causing a fluid loss. I discovered this when the car wouldn't move at all. I bypassed the cooler for now, refilled the fluid, and it drives fine now. Thanks for your help!

Tip of the day: Don't waste any more money on your car..use it to find another place for housing.
Old 07-11-2018

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Tip of the day: Don't waste any more money on your car..use it to find another place for housing.
Dude. You should be a counselor or something.
Old 07-12-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Dude. You should be a counselor or something.

Lol.

Counselor Dong..has a nice ring to it.
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Don't go by the name of Shrink Dong
Old 07-12-2018

Originally Posted by ndnv
don't go by the name of shrink dong
Do it! Do it! Do it!
Old 07-12-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NDNV
Don't go by the name of Shrink Dong
that's me, during my time in Quebec, at the heat of winter :P
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Engine cranks in any gear?

So this first started about a year ago with the engine not cranking in park at random times, but cranking in neutral. When it wouldn't crank in park, the gear indicator light on the dash wouldn't be on at all. This would only happen every couple of weeks. But after a couple months of this not happening, I noticed that the engine will consistently start in any gear. The indicator light on the dash works correctly, but it starts in any gear now. I don't think that these two issues are related, but I have no way of knowing. Any ideas what could cause this? I don't particularly care if it cranks in any gear, but I don't want to ignore this problem if it could damage something else or cause another problem. Thanks
Old 07-12-2018

Re: Engine cranks in any gear?

Follow and diagnose according to a correct wiring diagram for answers.
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Follow and diagnose according to a correct wiring diagram for answers.
I have a wiring diagram for the starter. My best guess is that the starter cut relay is stuck closed, but I'll have to find that relay and test it.
Old 07-12-2018

It's in the dash fusebox.

Has that relay been bypassed?
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

It's in the dash fusebox.

Has that relay been bypassed?
Thanks. I'll test that relay and report back. And no it has not been bypassed. I didn't even know that it was there until I looked at the wiring diagram.
Old 07-12-2018

I can find out a whole lot of answers by probing a simple test light in the relay socket.
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

I can find out a whole lot of answers by probing a simple test light in the relay socket.
I'm sure you can. However, the relays in the fusebox under the dash aren't exactly easy to get to. In my opinion, it would be easier to start with removing the relay and testing it outside the car than to do testing from the socket.
Old 07-12-2018

I'm sure you can. However, the relays in the fusebox under the dash aren't exactly easy to get to. In my opinion, it would be easier to start with removing the relay and testing it outside the car than to do testing from the socket.
Disagree, regardless of difficulty. You aren't likely to find the relay stuck on, and if it were stuck on then trying to pull it out of the box would probably make it unstick and all your evidence would disappear in an instant.

I don't think I've ever needed to test a relay out of circuit. I've always been able to judge by evaluating the 4 or 5 terminals in a typical simple relay socket.

Be glad it's not a German car. LOL
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Disagree, regardless of difficulty. You aren't likely to find the relay stuck on, and if it were stuck on then trying to pull it out of the box would probably make it unstick and all your evidence would disappear in an instant.

I don't think I've ever needed to test a relay out of circuit. I've always been able to judge by evaluating the 4 or 5 terminals in a typical simple relay socket.

Be glad it's not a German car. LOL
But wouldn't you need to remove the relay to do your testing from the socket anyway?
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Okay so I removed the relay from the socket and it still cranks in any gear. What does this mean? Short in the load side?
Old 07-12-2018

But wouldn't you need to remove the relay to do your testing from the socket anyway?
Yes, but that doesn't matter if you KNOW what you should find when testing in the socket.

Know. Evaluate. Judge. Deduce.
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

Yes, but that doesn't matter if you KNOW what you should find when testing in the socket.

Know. Evaluate. Judge. Deduce.
Good point. I'm late and it's tired. :yawn:

Quick Reply: D17VTECPOWER threads consolidated - how a member should not behave