kPro/Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough
kPro/Hondata

I hope this is not already a topic but I searched and couldn't find my particular question.

With Hondata and KPro, do I need either one for my particular set-up?

In other words, will any Kpro/Hondata system work in my car?

I have a Turbo D17a2
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: kPro/Hondata

no it has to be for a 7th gen civic. you send them a donor and they take it apart chip it and do whatever they gotta do and send u it back with the kpro cam gear.

ONLY PROBLEM IS you cant send them your ecu from your em2. u have to get a donor ecu (RSX, EP3, or any k-series motor i believe) and send them that one.

read this
http://www.hondata.com/kpro_d17.html
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Okay, So I was looking at Hondata.com and if I understand the website correctly, I have to send in an ECU from an RSX, or one from a few other vehicles. This is territory that I am not familiar with so please, don't hate me if I seem retarded...
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SpdySylvrEX
Okay, So I was looking at Hondata.com and if I understand the website correctly, I have to send in an ECU from an RSX, or one from a few other vehicles. This is territory that I am not familiar with so please, don't hate me if I seem retarded...
Ha, posted this as someone else was posting...my bad

Thanks Sauce...More money down the toilet!!!

Last edited by SpdySylvrEX; 12-30-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

lol ur good.

but honestly your best bet is to scope out the marketplace on here. every once in a while one will pop up used but a lot cheaper than buying new. ive seen one as low as $600, u just gotta time it right and be the first buyer. and make sure its for an em2. also dont forget the cam gear. if the seller doesnt sell the gear with it you gotta buy it through hondata for like $180 i think?
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

Thanks Sauce...More money down the toilet!!!
lol at least your doing it the right way. i kept tryin to get around buying kpro but now that i got a 6th gen ex that will be my fun car and my 7th gen will be my nice daily driver.
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

yup, yup...this is my only DD tho...glad i have some time off work to really mess around with it...gotta install my fuel pump, and I am working on mounting my gauges...
Old 12-30-2011
Registered!!

cool what gauges and where you mounting them? i got the cluster bezel gauge pod from glowshift. it has a nice look without the overused triple pillar pods
Old 12-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
lol ur good.

but honestly your best bet is to scope out the marketplace on here. every once in a while one will pop up used but a lot cheaper than buying new. ive seen one as low as $600, u just gotta time it right and be the first buyer. and make sure its for an em2. also dont forget the cam gear. if the seller doesnt sell the gear with it you gotta buy it through hondata for like $180 i think?
i would be very hesitant about purchasing a used k-pro for $600, it came to light during the summer that most of the units selling for below $800 are actually chinese fakes. it's extremely difficult to tell real from fake without physically connecting a laptop and attempting to download updates from hondata to the unit, even dealers selling used k-pros unwittingly sold fake units. As ridiculous as it is, most legit used k-pro ecus sell for around $900, but you can get them off honda-tech and k20a vendors new for very close to that price. it's doesn't make much sense, but k-pro ecus don't really depreciate in value... supply and demand i guess
Old 12-31-2011
Registered!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsIn_1325337927057.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	82302

Name:	PicsIn_1325337965515.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	82303

Name:	PicsIn_1325338003178.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	82304

This is what I am doing with them...I had an Oil Pressure gauge but couldn't find a place to put it where it would look good...I need the dash piece that goes there, I hacked my old one up trying to put the radio there a while back...

I know this has nothing to do with Hondata or KPro, and I know it's off topic which I hate doing in a post but someone asked for the pics...

Last edited by SpdySylvrEX; 12-31-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: pics didn't work
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Alright, I just had an EPIC idea...There is a guy selling a Kpro here in Fl for $400. It is out of a CRX...my question is if I get an RSX computer, and send it to Hondata, could this save me some money? I mean all they would have to do is swap my comp into theirs and program right? Makes sense to me, but please let me know if I am way off on this...
Old 01-04-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

is the person selling an an actual k-pro ecu or hondata s300?

$400 for k-pro sounds to good to be true.
Old 01-04-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Alright, I just had an EPIC idea...There is a guy selling a Kpro here in Fl for $400. It is out of a CRX...my question is if I get an RSX computer, and send it to Hondata, could this save me some money? I mean all they would have to do is swap my comp into theirs and program right? Makes sense to me, but please let me know if I am way off on this...
I don't know how much it is, but they do have that option. Buying an RSX ecu from them is $600 I believe and if you supply your own itll knock off quite a bit. Go to junkyards and try to find an RSX ecu. Most yards sell ecus for $100ish.
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
is the person selling an an actual k-pro ecu or hondata s300?

$400 for k-pro sounds to good to be true.
Seems your guestimates are true Bombs...BOOOO!!!
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

I was looking on Hondata and I saw that the S300 only works with OBDI...so, therefore, the S300 will not work on our application....BUT!!! How hard would it be to get an OBDI, and install in the 7th Gen Civics? They are much easier to program and you can take out ALOT!! of crap you don't need...O2 sensors, IAT sensors...Etc...Thoughts??? BRAINSTORMERS...UNITE!!!

I give anyone who thinks I am retarded for even thinking this may work, to drive Florida (on your dime), knock on my door and slap me...

we so need a :retarded: smiley
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

i believe i saw this topic on some other forum...but everyone said it couldnt be done.

btw we have this one lol
Old 01-05-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

You're definitely not the first person who has discussed converting to obd1 or installing megasquirt etcetera to avoid the expense of k-pro.

Every angle I've ever seen it looked at is either impossible or would require custom parts, it's just to much of a stretch to really be practical.
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

btw we have this one lol
That's more like seeing something you really like and drooling over it...

I am thinking a smiley with a helmet on, and the hands...think, something about mary...

"Have you theen muh baseball"

Every angle I've ever seen it looked at is either impossible or would require custom parts, it's just to much of a stretch to really be practical.
Thanks mindbomber for the
Old 01-05-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

That's more like seeing something you really like and drooling over it...

I am thinking a smiley with a helmet on, and the hands...think, something about mary...

"Have you theen muh baseball"

Thanks mindbomber for the
haha..

If you can make an OBD1 conversion work, you'll earn more respect from the community than Andyman, k-pro is such a hurdle for many of us. I really don't think it's possible though, which is why a practical OBD1 conversion hasn't been worked out for the R18, L15, D17 or any K.
Old 05-24-2012
03 Civic EX

Brooks952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question, just bought my first civic, or moderately new car ever (2003). I have been researching on here for the better part of two weeks to decide on what I would like done first. Today I came across the thread about a stage 1 camshaft upgrade and decided it's going to happen eventually. Now I come across this thread after hearing about hondata from a friend. This is very new to me so if someone could fully explain or tag a thread for me I haven't already found so I better understand what it is I'm saving up for I'd appreciate it. Also would I want a Kpro before a camshaft upgrade or after? Any help is appreciated. (insert helmet wearing emoticon here!)
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

05em2civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this is not already a topic but I searched and couldn't find my particular question.

With Hondata and KPro, do I need either one for my particular set-up?

In other words, will any Kpro/Hondata system work in my car?

I have a Turbo D17a2

k pro is a software that hondata actually makes if im not mistaken. and using k pro would be the most beneficial thing you could do for the d17 cause hondata is a honda ecu made for our cars so it is more tuner friendly,reliable ecu or programmable software for our cars.
Old 12-26-2014
Registered!!

92egswap is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright I'm sure this has already been gone over and I don't know how to make another thread so anyways here it goes... I just swapped a 94 b18 b1 from my integra into my 92 civic hatch and I wanna boost it.. Already have the injectors fuel pump turbo headers and all that jazz what do I need on the ecu end step by step would he appreciated I have been ran in circles about this for months