Tail light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duma is an unknown quantity at this point
Tail light conversion

I have a '02 es1 and I'm wanting to switch the current tail light setup for the Japanese spec. lights. Does anyone know where to get that model of tail lights or even if it's possible?
Old 12-28-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Tail light conversion

Its not possible, because there are no JDM 7th gens.

Tail lights do very by country, but they cost a fortune to buy them here.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-28-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well not in the usa anyway. gotta go overseas and there are many different types. they have the 01-02 jdm tails which are exactly the same as usa except there is a green plastic insert in the turn signal to make it flash amber. otherwise they are the same. the 03-05 tails have alot of variation depending on the country. the turn signal is clear instead of red, and some version have amber insert inside. the 2.0L civic has smoked chrome version.most are almost impossible to find unless you fly overseas and buy them yourself. the black smoke ones are on passwordjdm.com for around $500 a pair.
Old 12-28-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

so this 2.0l version is a D class engine, like it would be called a D20? How does it perform, is there a lot more hp then the d17?
Old 12-28-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25
so this 2.0l version is a D class engine, like it would be called a D20? How does it perform, is there a lot more hp then the d17?
1.7l was the largest D series engine, I think Gearbox is referring to the Ep3..
Old 12-28-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

ahhh i see
Old 12-28-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im referring to the 2.0L 7thgen jdm sedan with the smoke tails. pretty sure it came with k20. remember this is in japan where they get nice things. note the stock 'i-vtec' and '2.0' emblems. smoked tails only came on the 2.0L version. others got regular red/clear tails. this is pretty much the best ES civic you can buy aside from the ep3 type-r.

Last edited by gearbox; 12-29-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2010

dambbbb son, that's a smexy 4dr
Old 12-29-2010
Premium Member

its pretty much like buying a usdm sedan with k20 swap already done for you. im not sure what other extras it came with.
Old 12-29-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I wonder how many were built, that would be an awesome car to have imported.

Whats the chassis code on that?
Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

Duma is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, thanks!!
Old 02-01-2011
Registered!!

Mwdi is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a phili ES and the emblems are put on there by the owner there is not such thing as an ES1 2.0 i-Vtec with a k20