1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jskin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
please help me!!!

Hello, my name is jared skinner. I am in desperate need of help. 2 weeks ago my older brother and his girlfriend died in a car accident. I begged and was given his car. It is a 1984 honda crx. By brother bought it and has been trying to restore it. He saved it from a wrecking uard and had spent every bit of both time and money he had to get it where it is today. Which according to him was no where near where he wants it to end up. Brother was my hero to me. When I was growing up he had my back no matter what. Was always there for me. Anf for once I can be there for him. I want to fully restore the car. Sadly I know nothing of vehicles. I am an animal man. So I believe I am in way over my head. I couldn't tell you what kind of engine it has or anything all I know is money is not an issue and at all costs I will finish my brothers car. It was his passion. He always wanted a 1991 si but considered himself a "built not bought" guy. All I can offer is what little information I know of the car and what little information I know that he had invisioned for the car. Please any help would be much appreciated.
All I know of the car is
1984 honda civic crx
3 speed automatic
75 horsepower
brand new weber 32/36 dgev carburetor
126xxx miles on the engine and tranny
148xxx miles on the chassis

All I know that he wanted was a bit more horsepower and more performance parts because he wanted to get it sideways. I don't know what all else he has done to it and what all he was intending on doing other than cosmetics which I can do myself although I could use some help finding a body kit.

I am now driving it daily and it is performing well I think. Before this my girlfriend and I shared a 99 jetta. It makes out at about 60 mph and is at 3000 rpms and going up any hill I am maxing out at 30 mph and am at 3700-4500 rpms there.

Please help me. Just find what I need to find to get some real power out of this and make my brother proud.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	00b0b_478GTqoAD2f_600x450.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	86665   Click image for larger version

Name:	01616_knHah8HBCO3_600x450.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	86666   Click image for larger version

Name:	00N0N_hTRBHzDrNbM_600x450.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	86667   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4655.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	86668  
Old 05-24-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: please help me!!!

Welcome!

It's sad to hear about your brother, but your willingness to continue for him is commendable!

Unfortunately, we do not have enough members with the 3rd gen cars, so we are kinda short in here...

for you to look for more concentrated information, i would suggest looking at this forums:
http://1stgencivic.com/forum/index.php

But do keep in mind they have sections for the 1st/2nd gen civics, but not for the 3rd...
however, i do believe they are closer to yours than to the later generations, like the suspension, i do believe some of them are torsion bars? not sure of yours.

You can find some info in our own forums about general characteristics for each generation:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...reference.html

Someone might butt in, though, so be sure to drop by everyonce in a while. You could also be our 1-3rd gen member