1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

92 honda civic question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayJayPops is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 92 honda civic question

so basically i was just using my car yesterday normally, i accidentally put a cigarette between the wheel in under the cluster. (the part that moves up and down to adjust lower or higher) when i got home i tried to look for it and it was frustrating because it just disappeared. i took off a couple clip off plastics under the dash to look in between the wires and such

idiot me forgot i did pull it out earlier on the trip home. this morning i tried to turn my car on and everything works, radio, lights, foglights, windows etc.. everything,

but when i get to the crank position, it wont crank but my radio turns off (like how it normally does when u turn the vehicle engine on)

i can hear my fuel relay run so i doubt thats the problem. i was literally just using it last night. kinda weird it wont start now.

my question here is that, under the cluster, around the wheel, is there something that can prevent the engine from cranking?

maybe i loosened up a wire or such? i was thinking it was my starter* but how can this be? when i was just using it and everything was normally fine

please help. thanks in advance!

Last edited by JayJayPops; 02-27-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: started => starter*
Old 02-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 92 honda civic question

Hope the car doesn't develop a nicotine habit. It's an expensive habit.

Pull the floormat out from under the clutch pedal.
Shove the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.
Crank it.

Could need some regular diagnosis to see why it won't crank.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Unhappy Re: 92 honda civic question

Originally Posted by ezone
Hope the car doesn't develop a nicotine habit. It's an expensive habit.

Pull the floormat out from under the clutch pedal.
Shove the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.
Crank it.

Could need some regular diagnosis to see why it won't crank.

thanks for the quick reply,

xD o man, thats like 5$ everytime i put a new part in for my car lol

but either way, if i had the clutch in or not, me and my friends who helped me swapped the engine bypassed the clutch to whether its pushed in or not, i can still crank it and start the car. it was ready for a remote starter... but i didnt go along with it because i seen a couple videos where wrong installation of it can cause your car to blow fuses and etc...

its acutally raining right now in vegas and i dont own a garage because of the harsh conditions of the world right now. living in the apartment but im going to go outside and slam a couple things towards the starter, and do the headlight tests

please anymore advice or recommendations would be great. thanks in advance forum helpers!
Old 02-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayJayPops
anymore advice or recommendations would be great.
You gotta be observant.
The car doesn't crank, but what DOES it do? (lights, noises, etc.)

Does the starter go KLUNK? Tap on the starter with a small hammer while someone tries to crank it.

Make sure the battery cables are clean and tight.

No noises at all? Make sure your pedal switch wiring bypass is still intact. Make sure the ignition switch itself is good.

I could figure out the problem with not much more than a test light and a wiring diagram.
A starter is easy to figure out if you know how it all works.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
You gotta be observant.
The car doesn't crank, but what DOES it do? (lights, noises, etc.)

Does the starter go KLUNK? Tap on the starter with a small hammer while someone tries to crank it.

Make sure the battery cables are clean and tight.

No noises at all? Make sure your pedal switch wiring bypass is still intact. Make sure the ignition switch itself is good.

I could figure out the problem with not much more than a test light and a wiring diagram.
A starter is easy to figure out if you know how it all works.
i agree, starter doesnt make a noise, did the headlight test and the headlights stayed the same, didnt even dim or anything, everything works as in headlights, foglights, my bass, my amp, my radio, windows, wipers, etc... everything. i guess "no clink, no crank and the the headlights don't change or flicker one bit. This usually means the power sent from the key through the neutral safety switch to the starter solenoid is not getting there."

what i came here to the forums to ask is around the wheel area and under the cluster, is there wires there that are easy and usually loosen up when tampered with and makes 5th gen hondas stop cranking?
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

ehh still no luck, i just got my optima charged and nope, its not the battery. ehhh