6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

question about radio / a/c panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuvok is an unknown quantity at this point
question about radio / a/c panel

my Question is ... Is there a aftermarket radio/a/c bezel that would allow for a dual dinn radio installation ? is it possible to install the panel out of a 95 mines a 96 by the way that would allow for the dual dinn by moving the a/c controls ?
I have one in my 2010 ford focus and id like to do something like that in my civic . heres a pic of the radio and focus another mod I did for the focus was to take out the interior trim get the paint code and have a spray can mixed in the same color as the exterior then sprayed.

Last edited by tuvok; 08-25-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2015
Registered!!

Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: question about radio / a/c panel

You can install the bezel from a 99 2000 civic you need a few other junkyard parts to make it happen including the two canter air ducts from behind the dash but it is a very common mod just google it I'm sure with no effort you will find a YouTube video how to.

I looked up the YouTube videos and was really let Dow looks like everyone who did this mod and owned a camera did a half *** job. I hope you take the time to get the correct parts to do it right. But the videos are still useful and there is a how to on this sight and a ton of threads about the ac bezel conversion. http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-de...%2A%2A-605432/ Hope that link works

Last edited by Genyc07; 08-28-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2015
Registered!!

That helps emencly thank you ! I'm still relitivly new to the Honda world
Old 08-29-2015
Registered!!

Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem sir! If you don't rush and take your time you can find everything you need to do it for very little money. I did the full proper conversion on a friends car total $$$$ spent on parts was only 100 at the junkyard but I have seen people sell the bezel itself for that money. I think everyone should do that upgrade personally it doesn't make the car any faster but it's infinitely more enjoyable and I think we'll worth it.
Old 09-22-2015
Registered!!

I'm getting ready to start this mod now....dash comes out today I came across a heck of a deal a guy locally is parting out a 2000 civic I managed to get the bezel with all controls , the harness to the heater box.....the box itself , the blower box and the harness that's found on the whole climate assembly for 50.00 ! Was gonna wait to do the mod as I'd be spending a pretty penny to do it otherwise but since I came across this deal I decided to go for it.
Old 09-25-2015
Registered!!

Update : Mod Complete took me 1 1/2 days to do due to the fact im also married with 2 kids...lol that being said Everything is Now installed and working properly. I ended up pulling the dash , replacing the vent ducts with the centers from a 2000 , Replaced the Heater Box which was a pain !
I had read that it is not necessary to pull the box that you can swap the parts but I was afraid to try it 1 wrong move and id be looking for replacement parts. figured better just to swap the entire unit. I also read that you don't have to pull the blower box. that you can swap the relay and resistor. I ended up swapping the relay and resistor because I liked the condition of what was on the car much better then I did what I had to swap in. in the end this was definitely a involved project. but for me definitely a necessary mod. now I can start looking at in dash dvd players heres a pic of the end result.