6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Track night, What didn't go wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99em1boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Track night, What didn't go wrong.

So, went to the track tonight and it did not go well. As the car launched, car began to wheel hop and tried to push through it. Bad idea, kept bouncing and launched radio out of dash, slowed it down. Smoke coming out of hood, looked like oil splashed out from dip stick area and was just burning off. Note: smoke did not continue. Went to drive up to pit area and noticed the speedometer stopped working, after a short period of time, tachometer stopped working, and now the car wont keep running. I can jump the car and it will run for a while and then dies. Is it possible that my brand new battery is bad, or did i kill my alternator. Odometer and trip meter do not work now either.
Old 08-02-2012
old guy

T-Bohn will become famous soon enoughT-Bohn will become famous soon enough
Re: Track night, What didn't go wrong.

check all electrical connections, fuses, relays, wires etc. Sounds like you shook it pretty good and maybe loosened up everything.
Old 08-02-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by T-Bohn
check all electrical connections, fuses, relays, wires etc. Sounds like you shook it pretty good and maybe loosened up everything.

It was like a scene out of a action movie with a crazy earthquake, not just the stereo but the whole and din and insert flew out of the dash. I am going to check all of my fuses tomorrow, all connections looked good. I am fairly confident the alternator is damaged. If I jump the car it will run for a short period of time, but when i drive, rather than build up the battery, while driving the car will just cut out.
Old 08-10-2012
Registered!!

Update, replaced the alternator yesterday. The car now has power, however the speedometer and odometer still don't work. I plan on pulling the dash to see if it is a wiring issue.

Quick Reply: Track night, What didn't go wrong.