6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

in need of majour help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rookie1673 is an unknown quantity at this point
in need of majour help

i have a b16a2 in my 90 honda civic. it is my dirt race car. i took it out for test and tune today and it ran great untill 4 laps in the car just died then about 10 sec. later it pick back up and i was able to take back off again. and it did it to me every once in awhile. i dont have a clue why i could use some help. i was turning around 7400 rpms most of the time. it dose not turn off just lost all power i let off the throttle and was able to punch it about 10 sec later and was good to go????????????
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

Unhappy Re: in need of majour help

help please?
Old 04-11-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: in need of majour help

sounds like possibly a fuel issue, esp at those rpms. maybe the pump isnt at a high enough pressure.
Old 04-11-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Seeing as you're racing in dirt, my guess is that something is getting clogged. Did you do any diagnoses yourself or have you not looked at the car at all?
Old 04-11-2011
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
sounds like possibly a fuel issue, esp at those rpms. maybe the pump isnt at a high enough pressure.
That actually sounds the most likely--did you upgrade your fuel pump/gas tank at all when you did the swap?
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

i have not really done a diagnoses because i'm new too all of this and dont have a clue where to start. i could use all the info i could get lol. someone else told me it could be the fuel regulator or pump. but it dont make sence to me.
Old 04-11-2011
Registered!!

the swap was already done when i bought the car. but yes i put in a 8gallon fuel cell with a 75 psi inline pump. i took out the fuel filter on the fire wall and ran the line right to the fuel rail anything to do wit that? i do have a inline filter befor my pump. just took the oem one off the fire wall.