6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Seat Replacement alternative for '98 Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough
Seat Replacement alternative for '98 Civic LX

I have a bad back (2 herniated discs) and after sitting in my friend's 2005 civic coupe I was envious. His seats had lumbar support whereas mine didn't. My back felt so much better sitting in his seat than mine. I was wondering if a 2005 civic coupe's seat will directly replace my '98 Civic LX's?

Any thoughts?

If they will, any modifications I will need to make? Or is it a direct fitment?
Old 07-20-2010
Registered!!

civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Seat Replacement alternative for '98 Civic LX

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
I have a bad back (2 herniated discs) and after sitting in my friend's 2005 civic coupe I was envious. His seats had lumbar support whereas mine didn't. My back felt so much better sitting in his seat than mine. I was wondering if a 2005 civic coupe's seat will directly replace my '98 Civic LX's?

Any thoughts?

If they will, any modifications I will need to make? Or is it a direct fitment?
Hard to say without testing it.

The easiest swap is to unbolt the 4 bolts and take the whole seat out.

I know many people have swapped integra seats with our gen civics, also you might want to look into de sol seats too.
Old 07-22-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice.

I'm pretty set on the '05 seats. Anyone know for sure?
Old 07-22-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Get the 02-05 civic si (ep3) seats they are the best and they are very comfortable. They are better than the new si seats.
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Get the 02-05 civic si (ep3) seats they are the best and they are very comfortable. They are better than the new si seats.
I believe those are the ones I want to get. Not sure about the 02-04 though. I think it's the '05 when they came about with the new lumbar support seats. Don't quote me on that...I'm not 100% sure.

Anyhow, yeah I'm not looking to get the new Si seats...just the older ones but I'm not sure if they're a 100% no hassle swap. LOL!
Old 07-23-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

only one of 4 bolt doesnt line up, and you can just drill out the seat bracket hole a bit to get the last bolt in. very easy.
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Man, GB...I <3 u man!
Old 07-23-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh wait, crap i thought you had 01+ civic. im really not sure on the older ones, i believe they have different bracket styles. but if you go with the older 2000 si seats, those should work. new 02-05 si ones are a near perfect fit in 01-05 civic.
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
oh wait, crap i thought you had 01+ civic. im really not sure on the older ones, i believe they have different bracket styles. but if you go with the older 2000 si seats, those should work. new 02-05 si ones are a near perfect fit in 01-05 civic.
Phew!

Cool, thx for double checking. Good info here guys.
Old 07-23-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
I believe those are the ones I want to get. Not sure about the 02-04 though. I think it's the '05 when they came about with the new lumbar support seats. Don't quote me on that...I'm not 100% sure.

Anyhow, yeah I'm not looking to get the new Si seats...just the older ones but I'm not sure if they're a 100% no hassle swap. LOL!
You are probably talking bout the basic civic then cause the 02-05 si seats are all the same. They are the bucket seat style that are very comfortable.
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

All I know is that the '05 Civic in my friend's car has a lumbar support that sorta sticks out. Very noticeable compared to my '98 seat.

I failed to mentioned that my friend's car was purchased in Canada. Not sure if the seats are different.
Old 07-23-2010
Premium Member

05 seats are better than 01-02 as well. they really did a great job with em. i wonder if the 05 seats still have that rocking problem, cause im thinking about switching if they dont. only thing is the fabric is prolly different. the 05 seats also have better side support.