6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

New to forum! Questions on my 1998 EX Coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kellyr is an unknown quantity at this point
New to forum! Questions on my 1998 EX Coupe.

Hi Guys! I'm Kelly, new to the forum. I have a 1998 EX coupe, red with an Si spoiler, about to hit 156,000 miles, runs great!
I have been having some questions lately about some things and thought I'd find some answers by fellow Honda owners... anyways:

1. My brake light has been staying on for the past, 2 or 3 months, it is on all the time, goes off when I brake, then when I go back to accelerate it comes on again. What could this mean? Low on brake fluid? I need to get my brakes replaced, could it have something to do with that?
2. The outside weatherstripping on my drivers side window, lower, is cracking and flaking, can it be replaced?
3. My front drivers-side door speaker is perhaps blown, and I need to have new tweeters installed, about how much is installation usually run?

Thank you guys SO much!! I have been racking my brain trying to figure all this out.
Old 12-05-2009
Registered!!

FinallyGotVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to forum! Questions on my 1998 EX Coupe.

welcome! i'm new myself btw! these forums are very helpful and the people are friendly

to answer #1, i'm not sure it could be a short(electrical problem) or look at your brakelight switch connected to the pedal and see if it moved over and u hit it with ur accelerator as well...

#2 yes you can replace it, just search any parts site like jcwhitney or autoanything ect for weatherstripping, and you just use adhesive like glue specifically for it

#3 door speakers and stuff like that are very cheap overall, speakers themselves are no more than 100$ for a really nice set up, a single speaker maybe 10-30$. and if u get it done by a place im sure best buy or something will do it for like 20$.

hope i helped and again welcome
Old 12-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

1. yeah check the brake fluid first, usually if the light comes and goes, fluid is barely at minimum. fill up with new unopened honda brake fluid, then dispose of the rest (recycle).

2. weatherstrip can be replaced, check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

3. usually $100 for a pair of speakers installed. or you can do it yourself and save
Old 12-05-2009
Registered!!

kellyr is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome!! Thanks.
I really love my civic and am glad to see so many others here that are able to give advice!