7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaffa7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission

Hey all,I have a 2003 Civic Si with 312,000 km on the clock. Recently my parking solenoid started clicking like mad,and at the same time time my cruise control stopped working. also,it feels like there is some hesitation or even a slip from my tranny as I'm starting from a standing stop. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Transmission

The rubbery plastic stops on the pedals would be something to check.

Gotta crawl under the dash and look up where the brake/clutch/ascd switches touch the pedals. Should be a bumper stop on each and time/temperature can cause them to flatten out or break apart and cause issues like that.
Old 11-13-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
The rubbery plastic stops on the pedals would be something to check.

Gotta crawl under the dash and look up where the brake/clutch/ascd switches touch the pedals. Should be a bumper stop on each and time/temperature can cause them to flatten out or break apart and cause issues like that.
Unfortunately, OP didn't list transmission type or model. Being that it has cruise control seems like it might be an EX and likely an auto trans. I think he's referring to shift-lock solenoid or tranmission solenoid when he mentioned park solenoid.

OP: any CEL codes?
Shift solenoid testing: http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/hon...-and-B-tests-1
Clean or replace shift solenoid screen/gasket

Last edited by Wankenstein; 11-13-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaffa7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. The car itself is an Si model with an automatic transmission. I'll look into those and see if that's whats causing me all of these issues.
Old 11-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Unfortunately, OP didn't list transmission type or model. Being that it has cruise control seems like it might be an EX and
FYI: on that generation, the Canadian SI trim level is about the same as USA EX (1.7 L, VTEC)

Canadian SI-R is about the same as USA SI (2.0 L)
Old 11-14-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jaffa7
Thanks all. The car itself is an Si model with an automatic transmission. I'll look into those and see if that's whats causing me all of these issues.
Just a friendly advice:

Turn off the bold from your formatting.
It is usually used to highlight things, and kinda annoy other users.

Passable if you have sight problems, but if so, put a note in your signature, so others will understand.