7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is Air Intake Manifold in car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gulzarh will become famous soon enough
What is Air Intake Manifold in car?

What is Air intake manifold and what are his job?
Does all car have air intake manifold? or some have and some not?
like i have Honda civic 2002, does it have it?
All same questions for Air intake Runner Control.
thanks a lot.
i am new learner how system work.
Old 09-09-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: What is Air Intake Manifold in car?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intake
Old 09-09-2017
Registered!!

i know the wikipedia thing but their English is hifi i dont understand all their word so i come here to ask so like that i can ask you what i dont understand.
Old 09-10-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Mon Dieu....

Ceci.

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coll..._d%27admission
Old 09-11-2017
Registered!!

Lol you thought I didn't knew this???
My French is poor also.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

not sure if this is a serious question, but i will play along

yes all cars have them,

your intake manifold is connected to the cylinder head, on this vehicle it is located at the rear of the engine close to the cabin,
Old 09-11-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by gulzarh
Lol you thought I didn't knew this???
My French is poor also.
Thanks
what language do you originally speak?

also, if you knew, why asking?

also, DIY section is NOT for asking question, it's for people writing articles that are useful to others, so I am moving this to an adequate section.
Old 09-11-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
what language do you originally speak?

also, if you knew, why asking?

also, DIY section is NOT for asking question, it's for people writing articles that are useful to others, so I am moving this to an adequate section.
i knew they existe i mean translation, but because i do not understand every words in English and french so thats' why i am asking here.
i speak urdu.
no problem for moving. it is good idea.
Old 09-11-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
not sure if this is a serious question, but i will play along

yes all cars have them,

your intake manifold is connected to the cylinder head, on this vehicle it is located at the rear of the engine close to the cabin,
so it is just a plastic with air passage letting air go in cylinder or fuel pass also with this, and that s all it do nothing more? i hear about upper manifold and lower manifold, i assume this one is lower manifold with air passage so what is upper one i dont see any other manifold. i can see air filter foxe top of trottle body and one big box some one say it is resonator dont know what is this one now.
Old 09-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

An engine does not necessarily have to use a separate intake manifold at all.....a carburetor or throttle body could be attached directly to the cylinder head if a person wanted to, without any intermediate tubing or chamber between the two items.

Upper and lower MAY refer to how one is designed and assembled, it MAY refer to different areas such as a plenum chamber vs. runners, it MAY refer to multiple runner lengths and chamber sizes, it MAY refer to different areas within the assembled manifold (V8, SP/2P), and more.
Every manufacturer does things differently, and there might be 1,000,000 different designs.

so it is just a plastic
On your particular engine it is one piece and it is made of plastic......but

An intake manifold does not have to be made of plastic. They are also made of cast aluminum, metal tubing, and cast iron used to be very common as well.

Casting and injection molding used to present limitations to manifold design.......but now a person can literally print a manifold on a 3D printer without having to consider those limitations.
Old 09-12-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

urdu...

sorry, can't be of help there other than google translator...

why do you want to know? Hard to answer without knowing the why. answers could change based on that.

Also, finding a friend that knows cars is a better help than trying it on the internet. Urdu, so I suppose india? there's people there who knows cars, you could try to find one.