7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rahway09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission issue?

2002 honda civic ex sedan with 118k

So the other day I'm driving into nyc and right after I got out of the holland tunnel my car decided to break down on me it wouldnt move even though it was on drive and my foot was on the accelerator.so I put it on d3 and it ran for a couple blocks and then it broke down again so I pushed it to the side and turned it off and after a while it worked again for a couple blocks and then it broke down again and for good. So I had to call a tow truck after checking everything (belts, oil, etc) and I was able to change into park and neutral and etc but it wouldn't do anything. So my mechanic said it might be the pump in the transmission and etc so they replaced all the bad parts in the transmission or so I think and now the car works fine better than before. Today my dad says did u check to see what was done and I said yes but I couldn't tell anythin was done it looked the same so he checked it out and said the same now he thinks its seems iffy that there's not one part that looks different than the others . Might be a noob thing but I paid 1200 for this parts and all and I hope it wasnt a scam.
Old 10-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission issue?

Ok, I'll bite....

I couldn't tell anythin was done it looked the same so he checked it out and said the same now he thinks its seems iffy that there's not one part that looks different than the others .
Answer these 2 simple questions:

A) Was it broke?

B) Is it still broke?

If it ain't still broke, then it must be fixed. Right? (For the moment at least.)

That was too easy.
You can't easily see what's inside the transmission, nor can you see if anything is different inside the transmission.
Your only outward clue MIGHT be the color of the fluid.
A) Do you know what color the trans fluid was immediately after the problem happened?
B) Is the trans fluid nice and clean and bright red now?

Did you ask to see your old parts when you picked up the car?