7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LED license plate lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
LED license plate lights

I buffed my headlights & got them looking brand new so I decided to replace the low/high beam bulbs & put in some Sylvania Silver Star Ultras....what a difference!! Im not ever goingg to put HID lights but i figured LED lights to brighten up the license plate would compliment the new white headlights I need some help though.......

- do I need a particular size bulb?

- i used v-leds.com for my old car and went with this kind
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...81039-1-2.html
it sucks that there sold out because those bulbs were real good. i just want good quality lights that will last long & are bright. any other type recommendations?

- will it look dumb to have bright LED's in the back if I dont have HID up front? anyone have pictures of their cars from behind with the led showing?
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: LED license plate lights

try this place
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/
Old 09-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

cool white leds will not look good even with hids (unless you have 10000k or something). stick with a stock type bulb or do warm white leds. i wired my own with ledsupply.com warm white 5mm leds. 3 leds per side, using less than 1/2w instead of 5w. looks just like stock too, less attention and rice.

Name:  warmwhiteledcustom-1.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  26.0 KB

if you must have the cool white look, osram makes some 6000k led bulbs in 194 size you can use. they are way too bright for plate tho almost 100 lumens compared to stock 35 lumens.

Name:  osramledriving6000k-1.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  ledplateosramcomp-1.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  33.6 KB

when i had 5400k hid bulbs, i made another plate light with nichia superflux leds. same thing with being overly bright, but color was more of a 5000k. looks nice but gets too many looks.

Name:  nichia20lmledrtolp-3.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  19.5 KB
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

r3fuj33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't **** with your license plate bulbs. You're just asking to get pulled over.
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

how is using a brighter whiter LED bulb going to get you pulled over because the cops can see your plates better ???
Old 09-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you have blue tint its illegal. white leds are actually just blue led with a coating. so the cool white many of the cheaper bulbs have blue in them. i dont know why anyone would care about the color anyway, other than to stand out. nobody else on the road cares about the color of your lights. now if you want leds for power savings, that can be understood and why i went with the warm white leds.
Old 09-14-2012
Registered!!

ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point

does everyone agree with gearbox?? i like how the white LED looks on license plates I just hate the stock, worn out yellow bulb look. it looks cheap and "dead" to me...
Old 09-15-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

just get 1w 168 led bulbs from ebay.
Old 09-15-2012
civic4life

felicia_01civic is an unknown quantity at this point

iv had pink license plate lights on my car for almosst a year now, everytime i get pulled over for them i always told them i forgot to take them out from a show i was at.
Old 09-15-2012
Slow and Low

05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point

oznium.com 194 bulb size. They sell awesome LED products
Old 09-15-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

I got 2 new white LEDs put in a few weeks ago ans love them. Much better than the cheap yellow stock lights that make our car look even older than it already is. With LED lights it makes our car look a bit more up to date

I have blue LEDs for my map and dome lights but thinking about going back to white LED cause im wondering if its too ricey and people think it comes off as cheap or childish. They look very cool at night though, a lot of ppl will stare.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 09-15-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2012
Registered!!

gamerzfuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
I got 2 new white LEDs put in a few weeks ago ans love them. Much better than the cheap yellow stock lights that make our car look even older than it already is. With LED lights it makes our car look a bit more up to date

I have blue LEDs for my map and dome lights but thinking about going back to white LED cause im wondering if its too ricey and people think it comes off as cheap or childish. They look very cool at night though, a lot of ppl will stare.
I can second that. I tried green and red (different times) in my last Civic and I loved the way it looked when I unlocked the car with the fob. Lots of people took a second look at it.

That said, it wasn't clean or stylish.. it was definitely ricey.